2024 Tacoma Revealed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

iptman

SILVER Star
Threads

TRD Off-Road​

As before, the TRD Off-Road has the potential to be the most popular model. Its popular recipe still includes a push-button rear differential lock, high-level terrain management features, and an off-road-tuned suspension. But the tires are now 33 inches tall, and the suspension has been improved significantly, with a slight nose lift and Bilstein remote reservoir shocks that feature a long-overdue increase in piston diameter and hydraulic end stop control that should soften landings as the suspension approaches full compression. What's more, a disconnecting front anti-roll bar is newly available, and Toyota says it will unlock even more suspension articulation than before.

I am sure a lot of those features will carry over to the new 4runner as well. Glad I pulled the trigger on my 23 4runner. I am not a big fan of those screens in cars, too distracting.

TAC_MY24_0015_V001_X0Du0vCJkqrNvGTxNf_ETr4DEE3eZsQTeB6UJ8MO.jpeg

I like whatever color this is.
TAC_MY24_0024_V001_goqOqISjKa_wwo2NBs0lflMU0EJbjAPbjJ2RQiLJE.jpeg

I am sure a lot of those features will carry over to the new 4runner as well. Glad I pulled the trigger on my 23 4runner. I am not a big fan of those screens in cars, too distracting.
I completely agree. Here's what the smaller screen looks like. Hopefully the TRD Offroad can be spec'd with the smaller of the two.

2024-toyota-tacoma-trd-prerunner-008-64665863492f5.jpg

Still fugly, with manta ray mouth grill and no front bumper. I'm not into the mid sized version. Bring back the small truck, Better yet, the solid axle FJ78? pickup and offer it in an extracab with coil suspension for those soft US posteriors.

That shifter boot is awkward. Overall I think this is a significant improvement over the old one and gives hope to the new 4runner and GX. 465 lb-ft in the hybrid? Yes please. The extra cab is pretty slick too, I can see a lot of people going with that option.
24EEB0B5-51FE-4696-84A1-6D431E6138AC.jpeg

6889F858-9935-45F9-952B-B2E6335EF3BC.jpeg

I’ll be surprised if the top trim models don’t hit $70k

I wonder if the 2.4l turbo will require high octane gas. I can't find any info on the motor online.

Just answering my own question, this is Bronze Oxide.

Nine different colors will be offered plus a TBA TRD Pro specific color for 2024.

Supersonic Red, Blue Crush Metallic, Underground, Wind Chill Pearl, Solar Octane, Celestial Silver Metallic, Black, Ice Cap, and Bronze Oxide.

I'll take my 6MT TRDOR in Bronze Oxide please.

Glamor shots from the Toyota Ad Dept don't seem to really show that friggin massive roadkill spatula out front. Lol

1684708513296.png

Glamor shots from the Toyota Ad Dept don't seem to really show that friggin massive roadkill spatula out front. Lol

View attachment 3328661

Go to 32:20 on this video. I think this guy is one of the lead engineers for the new Tacoma and he also explains it's a CAFE thing. Only 9 screws to remove it "temporarily" to go off road. I think that's the best you can ask for.

That has been a lower trim level and sport thing since 2016. I bet the OR and Pro models do not have it.

Shifter boot is too big and attaches too high up. This could have been done better.

The boot that attaches just below the knob has been a tacoma thing for a long time. My 2008 and 2019 both had that going on. Is that some type of guard to keep the passenger from bumping it?

Now why would they do that?

The boot that attaches just below the knob has been a tacoma thing for a long time. My 2008 and 2019 both had that going on. Is that some type of guard to keep the passenger from bumping it?

Yeah, Toyota had a perfectly appropriate truck-style shifter in the 1st Gens, only to morph it into something that looks like it came out of a Miata. :oops:

C'mon now... It's a truck... Give it a truck shifter! :)

My '95.5
20230523_091726.jpg

My '03
20230523_085752.jpg

And while I'm kicking the kids off my lawn, T-cases deserve a lever..

#FirstGenBestGen
:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom