2024 30A Sand Rover Rally (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
@thatcabledude had a good idea for the FL panhandle/lower AL folks to meet up at the 2024 30A Sand Rover Rally. It’s April 18-21 at Grayton Beach, FL.

Seems like a cool event, even though they show no love for the LC’s. Its enough time away to get the rigs ready to go.

Anybody interested?

Tagging some local and semi-local folks, I’m sure I missed some.
@jomelo @macdaddy59 @GatorPlater @alabamatacomaguy @74GreenFJ @Catching Neutral @TRAILTOYZ @Gun Runner 5 @85roktoy

@thatcabledude had a good idea for the FL panhandle/lower AL folks to meet up at the 2024 30A Sand Rover Rally. It’s April 18-21 at Grayton Beach, FL.

Seems like a cool event, even though they show no love for the LC’s. Its enough time away to get the rigs ready to go.

Anybody interested?

Tagging some local and semi-local folks, I’m sure I missed some.
@jomelo @macdaddy59 @GatorPlater @alabamatacomaguy @74GreenFJ @Catching Neutral @TRAILTOYZ @Gun Runner 5 @85roktoy
I went this year and had a great time. Several nice Cruisers were in attendance as well.

If I pot pictures of good food from the event, maybe @wngrog will make the drive from the ‘Sip

I went this year and had a great time. Several nice Cruisers were in attendance as well.
I suppose you fit into the “semi-local” category :)

I suppose you fit into the “semi-local” category :)
Haha yeah, my brother has a couple of Land Rovers and talked me into going. Glad I did. I went to their Ouray event last year too.

Someone needs to give them positive vibes while their rigs break down every 1/4 mile.

Haha yeah, my brother has a couple of Land Rovers and talked me into going. Glad I did. I went to their Ouray event last year too.

Someone needs to give them positive vibes while their rigs break down every 1/4 mile.
It’s funny every year right after the event down here I see several rovers hit the classifieds across the panhandle from 30a, and Panama City to gulfshores. They are cool looking and if I wasn’t Toyota biased I see the coolness appeal.
At one point in recent years the main one pictured, the tan one with 30a on its side used in all the pics for the event and 30a travel sites was forsale. I don’t know if he ever sold it or decided to keep it. I think I remember a pretty penny was spent at shops to get it in good running order when everything was listed.

I saw a 2 door older model defender 90 bombing down the interstate north of niceville yesterday. It’s cool to see neat uncommon vehicles being driven.

It’s funny every year right after the event down here I see several rovers hit the classifieds across the panhandle from 30a, and Panama City to gulfshores. They are cool looking and if I wasn’t Toyota biased I see the coolness appeal.
At one point in recent years the main one pictured, the tan one with 30a on its side used in all the pics for the event and 30a travel sites was forsale. I don’t know if he ever sold it or decided to keep it. I think I remember a pretty penny was spent at shops to get it in good running order when everything was listed.

I saw a 2 door older model defender 90 bombing down the interstate north of niceville yesterday. It’s cool to see neat uncommon vehicles being driven.
They definitely are cool vehicles. The reliability thing, particularly with anything electrical, is a legit problem, but I sure love the simple/carbureted old ones. This is my brother's '65 which was previously owned by Joe Lara (Tarzan actor who later died in a plane crash):

1696686422729.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom