2022 Colorado planning thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@IPman32 absolutely fluid. I'm going to talk to my fam tomorrow and we will probably book our hotels based on those dates. Other than that we can do and go whatever/wherever.

Note: Scott is going to help me gauge the real difficulty levels of the trails and make recommendations. We are supposed to discuss soon.

I am new to this group and I just saw this trip post. Unfortunately I don't think I can do it this year but I just did it last year, Bham to Montrose (wheeled Telluride, Silverton, and Ouray - Black bear pass, Imogene pass, and Holy Cross city) and I wanted to offer this advice for people planning on doing the drive. We found a KOA in Oklahoma that is half way and it was the perfect stop to grab a few hours of sleep and get back on the road. We booked a cabin and it was very clean and the bath house was also very clean. The cabin looked new and had a brand new AC unit. I highly recommend it as it perfectly broke up the trip into 2 doable days driving. It is the KOA El Reno West Calumet, Oklahoma Campground | El Reno West KOA Journey - https://koa.com/campgrounds/el-reno/ and it is next to the Cherokee trading post that is also great and very clean. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with Y'all next time.

I am new to this group and I just saw this trip post. Unfortunately I don't think I can do it this year but I just did it last year, Bham to Montrose (wheeled Telluride, Silverton, and Ouray - Black bear pass, Imogene pass, and Holy Cross city) and I wanted to offer this advice for people planning on doing the drive. We found a KOA in Oklahoma that is half way and it was the perfect stop to grab a few hours of sleep and get back on the road. We booked a cabin and it was very clean and the bath house was also very clean. The cabin looked new and had a brand new AC unit. I highly recommend it as it perfectly broke up the trip into 2 doable days driving. It is the KOA El Reno West Calumet, Oklahoma Campground | El Reno West KOA Journey - https://koa.com/campgrounds/el-reno/ and it is next to the Cherokee trading post that is also great and very clean. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with Y'all next time.
THANK YOU we will definitely put this in the plan.
Welcome to the group. Where are you out of?

I stayed there once on the way back in 2016. Really nice and clean, as most KOAs are. I like the security of them. I've had a few sketchy hotel experiences where people were "checking out" my stuff, especially pulling the camping trailer.
20160802_073959.jpg

Looks like HIH is a go for those with registration from the last held event two years ago, prior to two consecutive covid cancellations.

7/27-31/22

When I had planned my trip to Death Valley I had planned to stop at El Reno, but not at the KOA. Never ended up stopping there since out schedule got a tiny bit off.

If anyone is interested in Death Valley I've got an entire trip planned out on Google Earth. Went and did the trip last October and it turned out great.

When I had planned my trip to Death Valley I had planned to stop at El Reno, but not at the KOA. Never ended up stopping there since out schedule got a tiny bit off.

If anyone is interested in Death Valley I've got an entire trip planned out on Google Earth. Went and did the trip last October and it turned out great.
Very interested! Please post it up! I started a new thread for trip reports!

@TachedOutOffRoad

Me, Clay, in my Tundra, towing my 55 probably.

My dad and two 13 year olds. The boys will want to cut out and fish some I’m sure.
Forgive me I'm still matching up the names with mud handles.
Who is TachedOutOffRoad?
What is Clays handle?

Update. @Bama4door @booradley are probably going to miss the trip for personal reasons and we wish them both all the best.

Personally my agenda hasn't changed much from what I've shared before. First weekend in Moab and then Monday head to Ouray and stay till Friday. Then hit Great Sand Dunes National Park Friday on the way home.

I'll probably work with folks on finalizing plans maybe mid-June? Maybe after GSMTR? And then we can figure out any details we want to work thru such as any caravan options or when/where to meet up. Seems the dates for everyone are all over the map at this point.

CO planning…

3,500 / 12 mpg = 291 gallons

@$2 = $582 “baseline”
@$3 = $873 or $255 extra
@$4 = $1,164 or $583 extra
@$5 = $1,454 or $873 extra

Will $5 gallon stop you/us from going?
I have another adult with me splitting the gas and we aren’t doing the beach this summer. I’m 100% committed to this trip.

I hate political gas talk! I’m just talking overall trip cost to not make it worth it, if that # exist

I'm in. Bringing Lauren with me.
My son Zac is in. Bringing his homie JP with him.

We forecasted the gas issue many moons ago and are prepared.

For those that are not aware we have a Signal group for this trip. There's more communication there although right now it is a little quiet while GSMTR trash talking is happening.

Step 1: Download Signal
Step 2: PM me your name/number and I'll get you an invite
Step 3: Profit

For those that are not aware we have a Signal group for this trip. There's more communication there although right now it is a little quiet while GSMTR trash talking is happening.

Step 1: Download Signal
Step 2: PM me your name/number and I'll get you an invite
Step 3: Profit

3) profit

Is this during the ride? You’re bringing checks? Or having the experience of this group ride is the reward?

This still a solid list? Perfect group size.

I’m not going to lie, I cannot f***ing wait for this trip. I need it bad!!!
This still a solid list? Perfect group size.

I’m not going to lie, I cannot f***ing wait for this trip. I need it bad!!!
Rebekah and I won’t be making it this year. We’re
Gonna stay put in the SE. Super bummed but happy you guys are making it. Y’all need to document this trip well so that the rest of us can live vicariously through you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom