TLCA 2019 Rubithon Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those looking for HAM classe and tests. I just did the HAM cram and test with Sierra Nevada Amateur Radio home - Sierra Nevada Amateur Radio Society, Inc
Morning review session and test in early afternoon. Super time efficient. My buddy got the newly updated text book before class and used an app to practice test, I did minimal review of his book and no practice test, and then we did SNARs HAM Cram and took test. We both passed.
If you are around Reno area or can be, they have scheduled reviews and tests but when I first contacted them they were willing to consier reviews and testing outside their posted scedule.
We are getting buried in Tahoe, I hope the Rubicon will be out of the snow but also my kids may end up being in school for the second year in a row, as they have to make up snow days. If that happens, they may hike into Rubicon Springs for Friday/Saturday/Sunday portion of the run.

Last edited:
Thank you i just Received a BF-58HP yesterday . If i can not find a local place i will try and run down and take the Cram /test in Reno .

Rubithon has now been officially delayed (edit: due to snow) to Aug 13-18 (general time frame), meaning the Wagon Run will depart Loon Lake on Wed Aug 14 now, all other details remaining the same. The first post in this thread will be updated accordingly, more details can be had in the Chairman's post on the main Rubithon thread here: 31st Annual Rubithon - 2019 Registration Now Open - NEW DATES!!

Last edited:
We all have 2 more months to get ready!:bounce:

Thank you . This works out great I can Do Sierra Trek and just come straight over now

Heck yeah! Fordyce followed by Rubicon would be a real test!

And 2 weeks before that i will be in Moab . and the FJ Summit

Congratulations to the first two winners of an extra grand prize raffle ticket at this years Rubithon!

The January winner is - Peter Young

The February winner is - Jeff Kaufman

Thanks for registering early, Gentlemen. Your names will go 'back in the hat' when we draw for March.

Remember - everyone that registers will get TWO extra chances at an extra grand prize ticket this year. Due to the logistical nature of getting everything packed for the trail and notifying winners, we'll have the last drawing on August 7th.

Oh my god!!!! I won the free Jeep?

Signed up!
Well shoot I guess all I would need to do it Install a front locker, build some sliders, maybe get the SOA started and finished Oh and talk Wendy into it LOL @brooksfj60

FB_IMG_1544572782225.jpg

I forgot to carry this over from the main Rubithon thread:

Changing the Rubithon dates definitely brought the law of unintended consequences into play. The new dates conflict with the Tahoe Hi-Lo's event on August 17th and 18th. This means we will need a new 'Exit Committee' for this year's Rubithon to assist with the Sunday exit up Cadillac Hill. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. A 'Trail Lead' to oversee two to three additional well-prepared rigs, each with two experienced veteran Rubicon spotters. (minimum three total rigs)
2. Folks able to pick appropriate lines for a variety of vehicle types.
3. Personable AND patient people to represent Rubithon!
4. Rigs must have WORKING winches and recovery gear.
5. Must have HAM radio communication.
6. Must be self-starters and get up before the chickens on Sunday morning and be posted at the usual bottle necks on Cadillac before the crowds show up.
7. You'll only need to stay on Cadillac until 1:00pm, then you can bug out.

Email me at chairman@rubithon.com if you're interested and we can get into more detail. If you've never been a Trail Lead or Committee member, this is a great opportunity to get involved in a TLCA tradition.

I forgot to carry this over from the main Rubithon thread:

Changing the Rubithon dates definitely brought the law of unintended consequences into play. The new dates conflict with the Tahoe Hi-Lo's event on August 17th and 18th. This means we will need a new 'Exit Committee' for this year's Rubithon to assist with the Sunday exit up Cadillac Hill. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. A 'Trail Lead' to oversee two to three additional well-prepared rigs, each with two experienced veteran Rubicon spotters. (minimum three total rigs)
2. Folks able to pick appropriate lines for a variety of vehicle types.
3. Personable AND patient people to represent Rubithon!
4. Rigs must have WORKING winches and recovery gear.
5. Must have HAM radio communication.
6. Must be self-starters and get up before the chickens on Sunday morning and be posted at the usual bottle necks on Cadillac before the crowds show up.
7. You'll only need to stay on Cadillac until 1:00pm, then you can bug out.

Email me at chairman@rubithon.com if you're interested and we can get into more detail. If you've never been a Trail Lead or Committee member, this is a great opportunity to get involved in a TLCA tradition.

UPDATE!!

We have a brave volunteer for the Exit Committee Trail Lead :clap:, but we still need individuals to make up the reminder of the Exit Committee :(. If you've ever considered getting your feet wet and being part of the Rubithon adventure, here's your opportunity. I mean, just look what happened to me :rolleyes: (or not). We are looking for 2 to 4 vehicles with a driver and passenger, as noted above, to help with exit duties on Sunday. And yes, there are perks associated with the positions :hmm:.

Doug Huft is the winner of the March drawing for an Extra Grand Prize Ticket at this years Rubithon. :clap::clap::clap:

Congrats, Doug!

@MountNGoat and I were talking the other day and we we're talking about last year's run and there was an incident that required beating a socket onto splined lug nuts because the splined socket was left behind. If you have splined lug nuts or a keyed lug nut for theft please make sure you have the splined/keyed socket or swap out to regular lug nuts and maybe even get/bring a second splined/keyed socket just incase something happens to the first one

What's up guys? Signed up yesterday. Definitely pumped.

Looking forward to meeting you all.
Awesome, looking forward to meeting you as well.

Hey folks! I think I’ll be joining the wagon run and maybe helping Steve a bit. Question for folks, anyone have room for added passengers? My next door neighbor here in Houston is looking for a way in for her and her teenage daughter who is interested in Land Cruisers and wheeling since she joined me at LSLC Round Up here in TX. Holler if you got space for one or 2 petite ladies (I’ll schlep their gear).

I have my Fj if they would not mind riding in the back seat . I will have my lab puppy with me though that they would have to share space with . But she is only 3 weeks old rt now so not very big . And i will be leaving Early early Sunday To assist everyone getting out On Cadillac Hill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom