2019 ONSC Calendar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fall Crawl with CLCC and Bay to Blueridge Cruisers. Gore, VA. Down to approx 20 spots available. See the thread on it.

That's almost a whole month earlier though.

Wow. For those who haven't been to portsmouth, the dock near the top left of the picture is the ferry landing. Formerly sand, the path from there to the cabins is the main entrance road to access the entire island. Until this is repaired, by pumping sand back into this area, the entire island is inaccessible. Perhaps at low tide you could get on, unsure if this picture is low or high tide, but it's not good either way.

1568303612441.png

Last edited:
That's not gonna buff out... damn...

Google maps shows that portsmouth island is no longer a nice long island. Circled in red are the bits that used to be one contiguous island :(

1568657897560.png

It’s always looked like that on google maps, we’ve been driving across the ocean all this time. The satellite imagery on google is a couple years old.
It has always looked like that in that view, look at it from satellite and it is a solid land mass. Google sat images have been updated since the hurricane, take a look at the sat for Baldhead Island, the tennis courts seem to be underwater and you can see the reconstruction of many roofs.

Veterans Day (11/11) is on a Monday this year. Maybe bring back the Veterans Day ride at URE and make it a weekend? Not that it was official, but I think I set it up for 2 or 3 years until a couple years ago, mostly because some of us had the flexibility to do weekday trips. I know there are other Veteran-oriented events at URE that weekend so it might get crowded out there.

Gulches ORV Park in SC?

Fall at Hurricane Creek?

There's no 'wheeling there, but Fairystone State Park in VA has a great campground, lake and hike/bike trials. Guide to Fairy Stone State Park | Visit Patrick County

Parkway north? Drive the parkway to the north end and camp along the way. I’ll be gone for most of the month of November so I’m out either way.

4EBDE518-C85C-44CC-8BCE-9400C30805FA.png

What about something like this?
I have never driven it but have plotted the route on my Gaia map app.
I was going to do it in July but never got a chance to do it.

View attachment 2102926

What about something like this?
I have never driven it but have plotted the route on my Gaia map app.
I was going to do it in July but never got a chance to do it.
I plan on hitting the Newport, VA section up through the eastern panhandle of West Virginia over Thanksgiving with my son. The route reads like a bunch of two lane highways, some gravel, and a little bit of dirt roads. One picture showed a corn field. Corn will be out of season when I blast through the area. We would go to PA and then cut west to Pittsburgh but alas my sporting rifle can't be seen in Maryland. F#ck Maryland draconian laws..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom