2019 EMC 4619 Stock Class 1st Place Race Recap. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What did it feel like to cross the line after all of the work and previous attempts and know you finally made it to #1 in the class?

We had been very successful in the past as well, but the win is amazing. Feels so good.
What is even better is how great it is to have a group of friends and family that pull together to make this happen. The prep work on the truck it self was as absolutely as perfect as could be done. The logistics, from food to pit support were as good as any professional desert race team. I am super thankful for such a good team.

Last edited:
My comfort zone in a Ultra4 race the rocks!

So I got my first taste of driving a truck fast in the dirt today going from Bakersfield to Ontario.

I dunno if it’s legal, but I took the little 4 cyl 2wd taco along the two track next to 395.

I’ve been dreaming of Baja driving/racing since I was a kid.

How could I get in with one of the teams here to support or even drive someday? I’m hooked! I did actually fly that little stocker a bit too...

So I got my first taste of driving a truck fast in the dirt today going from Bakersfield to Ontario.

I dunno if it’s legal, but I took the little 4 cyl 2wd taco along the two track next to 395.

I’ve been dreaming of Baja driving/racing since I was a kid.

How could I get in with one of the teams here to support or even drive someday? I’m hooked! I did actually fly that little stocker a bit too...

I am happy to help you with design and build question. My team would be willing to help with pit and logistical support at KOH and the NORRA Mexican 1000.

Dude, I just want to go wrench and drive...!

Well you are absolutely welcome to join out team. We have been building a top notch desert racing support team for years. I am so proud of what we have built with good friends and supporters. I am just the lucky one that gets to drive her.
You gotta get in line for a ride and the long haul if you want to drive. The list is long and distinguished.
Ask @landcrusher909 how our team functions and how fun it is.

Dude, I just want to go wrench and drive...!
Its hard to put into so many words. This is a true Family operation. Everyone steps up and helps with food, cleaning, race prep, whatever is needed. For most of us coming together only once a year its like a Family reunion catching up and sharing stories, laughing and a few pranks . The closer to race day everyone finds there place. The night before EMC during dinner 4619 Team meeting in the race trailer. Everyone is focused and you can feel this is what it comes down to. Names are placed on a board with who and what they will be assigned to do. Pit A, 2A and Main Pit. For some its an early night. Race day 4619 is staged in Hammer town, main pit is set up and those of us manning the outlining pits begin our day. We have limited contact during the race Excitement, stress ( Don't screw anything up LOL ) and anticipation. 4619 to 4619 Pit A , Pit A go ahead 4619 " No Stops were pushing on " Watching Justin, his co drivers and 4619 roll past was one of the most amazing moments I experienced. Off to Pit 2A more anticipation Family, friends and onlookers waiting for something over the radio. hours pass and then 4619 comes in to the pit. Men and Women wait like a fine tune machine and watch as 4619 pulls onto a plastic blue tarp held down by whatever rocks we could find because of the wind. Everyone with an assigned task moves over 4619 fueling, checking various points, handing a few PP&J sandwiches inside the cab. And before you know it their off again for their final journey. Spirits are high and most everyone heads back to Hammer town to await the finish. Some hold back just in case something is needed until 4619 clears Jackhammer. In Hammer town the Jumbotron finally shows 4619 headed for the finish. Team members, Family and friends stand next to the platform clapping, cheering and screaming as 4619 pulls to the top. Justin is one Kickass driver and one of the most humble and grateful people I know. That night back at camp lots of hugs, handshakes, more shenanigans and laughter. A week of freezing cold, rain, frost, wind and something if you haven't experienced cant be explained ITS THE BEST !

Last edited:
You can have the fastest and strongest car on the lakebed and not do well in the King of the Hammers races. Justin's success over the years has a lot to do with his skill and experience in driving those boulder-filled canyons. In homage to those driving skills and the effort to obtain them, I put together a collection of video clips showing Justin "cutting his teeth" at the Hammers. The clips are from 2007 and 2008. I apologize for the poor quality of some of the videos.

Way cool Jack! Thank you for putting this together, I loved watching those ol clips. That was such a fun time, the October trip.

If I remember correctly, at the time you (and many of us) were using Photobucket to host pictures. When they wanted $$ our pics on Pirate were lost:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom