2018 Rubithon Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of which, there are at least 20+ micro breweries here in Albuquerque.. anyone have any requests ? I'm planning on bringing a variety of what I can find that is canned. If not a specific brewery, requests for specific types is fine as well.
I’m thinking of geo beer caches at key rest stops for the Thursday Breakfast Run. You should have enough time to hide some for us?

On the other hand with the addition of an infamous sticker covered 80 to our group, we may be well covered.

What can you get done in less than 28 working hours with 2 Cruiser heads ( Myself and @brooksfj60 Bob ) 1 United States Marine Sergeant ( Cruiser head himself ) and an original MacGyver ( Al ) Swap and install OME springs, axles complete with ARB lockers, shocks, install compressor, rims tires, rack, rear tire carrier, fine tune everything on a FJ60 before the CON. We have one more weekend to finish up sliders, button up the air lines and skid plate. We got this ! Oh and a roof rack LOL

IMG_20180520_122235892_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180527_165929893_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180529_155928100.jpg

IMG_20180602_120845093_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180602_143547289.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this and all of you in 2 weeks. Nice work on the FJ60.

What can you get done in less than 28 working hours with 2 Cruiser heads ( Myself and @brooksfj60 Bob ) 1 United States Marine Sergeant ( Cruiser head himself ) and an original MacGyver ( Al ) Swap and install OME springs, axles complete with ARB lockers, shocks, install compressor, rims tires, rack, rear tire carrier, fine tune everything on a FJ60 before the CON. We have one more weekend to finish up sliders, button up the air lines and skid plate. We got this ! Oh and a roof rack LOL

View attachment 1716094

View attachment 1716095

View attachment 1716097

View attachment 1716098

View attachment 1716099
That antenna isn't going to pass the safety inspection.

:eek:

View attachment 1716094

View attachment 1716095

View attachment 1716097

View attachment 1716098

View attachment 1716099

Now there is only one rig that isn't supporting its own weight yet......but it has sliders, lol.

Now there is only one rig that isn't supporting its own weight yet......but it has sliders, lol.

Let's hope it's finished on schedule! I can't wait to see it go through it's paces.

Let's hope it's finished on schedule! I can't wait to see it go through it's paces.
If it doesn't then there will be a much longer flight from bozeman for me, more like a 16 hour one instead of 2 :hillbilly:

Actually...sliders are off at the moment...

@MountNGoat Question we're running short on time here. Trying to get some kind of slider's mounted. How critical is Thomas having a winch ?

@MountNGoat Question we're running short on time here. Trying to get some kind of slider's mounted. How critical is Thomas having a winch ?

It’s a run requirement, and he especially needs one given his ride height and being sprung under. Ask me how I know !

So, for a couple of days, it looked like Porter was not going to have his own rig to drive as our FJ40 will not be ready for Rubithon. So, in the best tradition of my family, I applied heavy guilt on WFO and the result is the wonderful owner of WFO (Trevor) is going to loan Porter his personal rig (FJ40 on 40's, fully linked). So, we will be there in two rigs, one of which we have never driven before! Wooohooo!

So, for a couple of days, it looked like Porter was not going to have his own rig to drive as our FJ40 will not be ready for Rubithon. So, in the best tradition of my family, I applied heavy guilt on WFO and the result is the wonderful owner of WFO (Trevor) is going to loan Porter his personal rig (FJ40 on 40's, fully linked). So, we will be there in two rigs, one of which we have never driven before! Wooohooo!

Gee, loan-a-rig, that's a cool concept. Any disclaimer with it?

About the guilt thing, go with what works!:rolleyes:

Debating on packing the Redi-Welder. Readily (pardon the pun) available amongst the group or good to have?

Also, just replaced the Blue top with X2 Power AGM 34/78 from Batteries Plus (Northstar). Like it so far (turns over much quicker) but reminded me I have never replaced the battery tie down and would like to replace the friction strap that is currently serving that purpose. Can someone post a photo of what the stock setup looks like? It has been so long since it was there that I have completely forgotten how it was set up.

Cheers,

Rod

Debating on packing the Redi-Welder. Readily (pardon the pun) available amongst the group or good to have?

Also, just replaced the Blue top with X2 Power AGM 34/78 from Batteries Plus (Northstar). Like it so far (turns over much quicker) but reminded me I have never replaced the battery tie down and would like to replace the friction strap that is currently serving that purpose. Can someone post a photo of what the stock setup looks like? It has been so long since it was there that I have completely forgotten how it was set up.

Cheers,

Rod

This is my aux, but it should refresh the memory.
unnamed (21).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom