2017 lx 570 wheel help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in wheel selection hell on my wife's LX 570. I hate the 21 inch rim because there are no tire sizes available. The Snowpiercer as my wife named the 570 is a mall cruiser that drives 15 miles up a canyon outside of salt lake that requires snow rated tires and you want the snow rated tires in the winter. She has been driving this road for 20 years in all weather conditions. She likes what she likes and trying to understand wheel offset is killing me. I will be installing Nitro Terra Grapplers as I have had great success with this tire for the last 15 years. All this for the simple question of how the heck do I figure out offset if wheel offset is wrong what can I do?

I am planning on 18 inch rim.

I know and yes i have tried the search function. I have searched but I have myself convinced that the wheel needs to have +25 offset or she can't have it.

Are you looking for OEM wheels or aftermarket? I assume aftermarket as you're talking about +25 offset wheels.

I'll preface and say +25 is on the aggressive end. It can work but suspension geometry wise and fitment can cause rub. Stock offset is +60mm. Ideally you want to be in the +35 and higher range.

Easy button is to source stock 200-series, Tundra, Sequoia, or even 100-series wheels.

Separately, NTG tires are of an old design now. The new competitive set is much better in cold and snow. May also be quieter with better ride. I've had NTGs on my 100 series and they were not great in snow on account of the harder compound. The new AT tires, particularly Toyo AT3s and Fallen ATW3s are much better.

Thanks. I am looking for aftermarket. I do not see alot of choices in the +35 and up I will defiantly resist tire selection just need to find.chrome rims without Braddock. Cause that's what she wants.

You may want to look at the method rims, you have a lot of choices. I just changed from the 21's down to 18 on my 19 LX and they are awesome !!

What offset and tire size did you use
Tire size was 265/65 18 I went with the Method 315 machined rim, not sure of the offset. I kept it as the same height as the 21's I took off so the speedometer would not be affected. I used Yokohama Geolander G015 tires. Its my daily driver, but I just started the modifications. I have a lot to do yet. They appear smaller, however they are a 1/8 inch taller than the stock 21's with the stock tires. The ride is amazing, and I actually think I am getting better milage. I also changed the air filter to a K&N. There aren't many choices and I was going to originally going to decrease to 21's but I need more rubber to drop my pressure for the sand on the Jersey shore.

esySFskYR5yrV8zZTTWQRg.jpg

ATaLvMHBTbScv1QDZuqLMQ.jpg

Reactions: HGB
evo corse has 17" and 18" options with more reasonable offsets. If you're just looking for rims, you will find used Tundra 18x8 5x150 60mm on your marketplace of choice, often with 275/65/18 tires in good knick already on them. Just change the TPMS sensors and you're set. or go ahead and replace the rubber . . .

This is the wifes ride so all rim choices are up to her. If it were my 100 series I would compromise.

I will like at the evo. Thanks

Well thanks to all, I found a set of 2015 18" sequoia wheel for $400 and found another single wheel for $80. Went with the Nitro G2 in LT285/65 18 should go on this wensday at discount tire. My question is do you get new TPSM or pull the old ones out of the existing rims. I am planning on holding on to the rims for some unknown reason.

The centrer caps were black with a Toyota logo. I pulled the logo and painter silver. I ordered some Lexus logos to put in the centre cap.

I am thinking the 10ply should hold up well to rock strikes in the canyon. My wife has popped 2 tires in winter due to rocks falling on the road.

IMG_20201024_110918_01.jpg

Screenshot_20201024-143250.png

Screenshot_20201024-150407.png

Reuse your Tpms unless you want to run two sets.

I agree keep with the Lexus LX TPMS or purchase a new set for the new Rims. Don't Go aftermarket, I had major issues and had to purchase a new set from Lexus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom