2017 CVT RTT trailer build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My current water system is simple and consists of eight 3.5 gallon Waterbricks which calculates to 28 gallon capacity. I ordered a spigot with them and thought - wow, my only issue is going to be switching the spigot to the next Waterbrick as I drain them. Wrong......what I didn't realize is that setting on their side, with out tipping it, you can only drain out about 1/2 of the water. So.....back to the drawing board. Somehow I came to the conclusion that If I could hang the Waterbrick upside down, I could drain 95% of the water out through the spigot. At 1st I used a rope strung through one of the holes. Then I remembered the transport holding plate I had made out of plywood and threaded rods. I thought if I could find a spot to mount the rods vertically, it might work. Well, I didn't have to look far.....the same spot on my trailer had a vertical support to mount to. The following pics illustrate my solution.

Drilled & bolted on thread couplers.

View attachment 1995880
Add threaded rods with rubber hose and plasic caps to protect Waterbricks
View attachment 1995881
Remove transport cap from Waterbrick and replace with spigot
View attachment 1995883
Spigot installed. Nozzel can be rotated 360* after installation to point in direction needed.
View attachment 1995888
Waterbrick mounted on trailer for use.
View attachment 1995889
Great setup overall. Love the mount with the waterbricks. I have a very similar setup but mounted a skateboard wheel on that long nut to center and protect the bricks in transport on my LCP Puma Mount.

Great setup overall. Love the mount with the waterbricks. I have a very similar setup but mounted a skateboard wheel on that long nut to center and protect the bricks in transport on my LCP Puma Mount.
Thanks! I saw your setup before I came up with mine! But the lightbulb in my head was flickering....:idea:....I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get the correct length center rods. So, I figured if I got threaded rods I could cut them to the correct length. I didn't like the idea of tapping into the waterbricks to completely empty them and I had purchased the Waterbrick spigot, so I came up with my vertical mount, which I still use on my "squaredrop" TFM trailer. It has a 12 gallon tank, plus a 5 gallon jerry (style) can that I use for showers, dishwashing & kitchen chores. I use the waterbricks to hold filtered drinking water. Thanks for posting your setup. I can see after browsing your thread it has helped several others! :cheers:

Last edited:
Good point on the rods, I knew I was stacking 2x bricks so it worked out great. Sometimes I omit the eye bolt when I have a single brick. Truth be told, there were a few times that the upper brick might have dislodged on the trail without the eye bolt but that single brick never moves off the platform.

I really didn't like that spigot for my bricks, the lack of a proper vent made the flow very sad in my setup. The small hoses do flow slower than I would like.

Yeah, tapping into the bricks is the only way to drain 'em when they're mounted horizontal. @LandCruiserPhil does the same thing, as you know. I wheeled with him last year on a trip into the Maze. His 80 is amazing!

The Waterbrick spigot, as you mentioned, is poorly vented. However, for me, it's entertaining :hillbilly: the inconsistant performance is laughable. When mounted vertically, it sometimes takes several seconds to get going, but once started - it flows adequately for filling water bottles and other drinking jugs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom