2017 5th Gen Runner Build G$ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wanna grate some cheese on it for the cheese run. Leave it. And when you roll the 4runner over and it catches on fire we can grill bacon, just sayin, I've seen you drive.

Boy you guys are harsh, wouldn't expect anything less from you aholes haha! :flipoff2:

Did the ARB OBA over again and got in cleaner. Ran the wiring and found the ARB switch won't fit because the switches are all a new style and size. That's what happens when you haven't worked on anything in the 2000's I guess. Ordered a switch online that will work and waiting to put that in. Bumper is off and now I have to drain the power steering fluid and put on the new lines and cooler and fill it back up. After that is test fitting the bumper before I put the winch on it, then install the winch, bolt up the bumper and wire the winch.

Bumper1.jpg

OBA.jpg

Still have to drop the actual piece that is the bumper on the front that is covered in styrofoam.

I really don't like plastic engine hats. I saw a partially blacked out new runner and was trying to figure out where the bumper stopped. Now I know.

Knocked it out last night. Fun without instructions! Just waiting for the new washer reservoir to show up.

Bumper2.jpg

Bumper3.jpg

Bumper4.jpg

Got a thimble on order. Will text ya tomorrow, well in a few hours actually. Will head out with the Runner to drop Pop's 40.

I really don't like plastic engine hats. I saw a partially blacked out new runner and was trying to figure out where the bumper stopped. Now I know.

I don't care for the plastic on top of the engine either, I don't see the point. Might yank it off of there shortly.

Now I just gotta get out there with you guys and get some wheeling in! Have to find out how much ability I have lost in selling the 80. It's a give and take for sure, no more constant maintenance, really s***ty gas mileage (9 mpg vs. 15 mpg average) and now a very comfortable interior vs. the badass capability the 80 had. Time will tell!

Now I just gotta get out there with you guys and get some wheeling in! Have to find out how much ability I have lost in selling the 80. It's a give and take for sure, no more constant maintenance, really s***ty gas mileage (9 mpg vs. 15 mpg average) and now a very comfortable interior vs. the badass capability the 80 had. Time will tell!
Don't worry, it will come back to you. ;P

deer.JPG

OK finished it up for now. Relocated the washer bottle with Shrockworks new one and got the new switch to turn on the OBA. Have a diff/locker breather kit to install still but other than that I should be good to go.

Engine1.jpg

ARB switch.jpg

Rez1.jpg

It’s almost like you have never camped before. :flipoff2:

Must admit, good one :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom