2016 What have you done to your 4X4 lately? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not arguing with you. That pump was replaced when I went hydro assist, as squals persisted.

Oh, and in case you did not know BLAZING hot is hotter than blazing hot.:D

When I touch a plastic part for a milisecond and have a burning sensation, that is BLAZING hot. When I touch a metal part on a running hot engine, I am just stupid.

k

I just looked up when skin burns. Less than 1 second at 175 degrees. We dont have the ability to tell if ps steering is too hot by touch. It will burn us when its operating normally. Im interested just because Im accumulating parts for hydroboost and ps for the Willys, cooler is an option. Im running a 4 cyl radiator with a 6 cylinder engine. I dont really want to introduce more heat into airflow if I dont need to. Time will tell.

Gotcha. Why don't you mount on the side, like I did, as it will not take away the cooling effect of radiator, while still adding protection to your PS system?

Take a look at my UTAH thread link above.

From what Ive been reading just putting a tube down the frame and back to the front will do. I ll probably build the system and monitor temps to see what might be needed

Last edited:
No, not really. Was offroading, and got a squeal, went out and touched the plastic lid and it was BLAZING hot.

Agreed.. thinner fins are for cars that don't need to have mud powerwashed out.
Ooo, yes a power washer would possibly flatten this cooler. Good point. No wonder you are El Presidente. I will be careful. Now I can say I power washed the radiator and engine bay to remove the 2 years of leakage and misc junk including a piece of coal from GSMTR 2014, and the unit looks fine. I was not being careful but I didn't hit that section super hard for very long.

From what Ive been reading just putting a tube down the frame and back to the front will do. I ll probably build the system and monitor temps to see what might be needed

I have a long hoop of 1/2 stainless tube, pretty tight bend at end, maybe 4" across. Might work good for you. Think about it. Free to you if you want to try.

Haven t got a clue what I need or what I might do, but Ill keep it in mind, thanks

Spent :45 min or more on creeper power rinsing off the ridiculous amount of salt used for the Ice-Apocolypse this weekend. We have a power sprayer at the house so once cleaned it up I just pulled it in the garage and it's salt-free. Ice hit south of Columbia harder than here. The tonnage of salt used on the city and county streets and local highways was pretty insane. But had we received the predicted ice fall we would have been in good shape. The ice is over and I wanted the cruiser cleaned well before being put up for the week. Done! And no sign of power steering leak. Sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom