2016+ LX Remote Starter Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Dunbar
There is a sub menu for lighting and you can set the headlight off delay.
I tested it out tonight and the headlights went off right when I opened the door after shutting the engine down.

If you press the "SETUP" hardkey then arrow over to "Vehicle" then "Vehicle Customization" then "Light Settings" the. "Headlights Auto-Off Timer" select "Off". Other options are 30, 60 & 90 seconds.

Last edited:
Thanks @S.CarolinaFZJ80 I have had the truck less than a month and have been from Texas to Lake Superior and back and have not had time to get into the systems. Already used the 'door' button on the overhead to defeat the interior lights and will be programming the headlights to shut off when I open the door.

Another pet peeve that I have no idea if it is a problem on Toyota's or not. It's all the reverse lights coming on and staying on parked cars that are not in reverse gear. I guess it helps people find their car in a parking lot but when I see reverse lights I think I'm about to get run over by some fool backing up and fiddling with social media on their phone.

Back to remote starters. I have not researched the LX version but all the thread on the OE 200 series say it's crap because of the poor range and no feedback. They also eliminated it as an option on the 2020 & 2021 rigs. Read those threads and you will see dealers telling customers to go aftermarket.

I ordered my Compustar Pro T13 kit with Drone Mobile remote start/cell gps tracking with the works. They were backordered at the local CarToys and Best Buy and I wanted to install it myself. Searching around I found Sound Connection in Brainerd MN on Barbeau Rd. Justin there (866) 251-0989 had no problem programming it for my LC200 using my VIN and he threw in the T harness for Toyota. Quick and easy to deal with.

Compustar capture.JPG

Phone module all the way. This is awesome. Mirrors don’t fold in if locked from the phone though.

CAE655FF-29D2-4CE9-8C86-72CA1A6AE024.png

I just installed it this morning. Going to play with it a bit and try to figure it out. Did you do any advanced settings?
I only did the settings they walked through in the video. I have fooled with it any since then.

Hey guys, looking to get the Drone setup purchased soon.

Any install photos or notes for a 2016+ LC or LX? Where is the remote start module or harness / whats it look like?

Other than that and the optional cell module, is there a power supply needed somewhere?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom