2016+ LX Remote Starter Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It looks like there are only a few threads on remote starters with no detailed guides or reviews. Looking to get a survey of what options are available for 2016+ LX's and if anyone has any practical experience with features, functionality, and installation.

Here are some choices I've found interesting so far:
* OEM remote starter
* MPC
* 12Volt (works for 2016+ LC but maybe not LX?)

I'm personally going for a an OEM-style starter with the factory fob, no second fob, but the smartphone starters are also interesting. MPC seems to have both options (factory fob and smartphone) covered but I can't find any testimonials to back up their products and no publicly available installation guide. Anyone out there give them a shot?

I have drone mobile. And I love it. All through your phone too. I know it’s not what you are looking for I think. But just my .2¢.

I have drone mobile. And I love it. All through your phone too. I know it’s not what you are looking for I think. But just my .2¢.
The credit card key and drone mobile is a wonderful combination. Walk up to the car get in and drive. I lock it from the handle as I walk away and if I want to double check if I locked it. Just tap the app on my smart watch and click lock. If you sign up for the 5 year service it’s a few bucks a month.

The credit card key and drone mobile is a wonderful combination. Walk up to the car get in and drive. I lock it from the handle as I walk away and if I want to double check if I locked it. Just tap the app on my smart watch and click lock. If you sign up for the 5 year service it’s a few bucks a month.
100% I did the 5 years too! I love it shows inside temps and if anything is open or lock and unlocked. Highly recommended

Drone Mobile here also on a 16 and 18. You can use stock fob to remote start or your phone. I’ve been happy with it and they have great support the few times I’ve called in.

I decided to go with 12 Volt Solutions, using the factory remote and phone app. Today (April 20, 2021) they have everything 20% off.

@brasskey did you install the Drone system yourself? It looks like they sell it at Best Buy and I'm inclined to NOT hire an installer and just do it myself.

This is something im looking into.
Lexus will lose cellular services in oct of next year for any car using lexus remote connect thats prior to 2018.
Even then its $16/mo and that kind of sucks.

@brasskey did you install the Drone system yourself? It looks like they sell it at Best Buy and I'm inclined to NOT hire an installer and just do it myself.

I did not, though it wouldn't be too difficult. It goes in the same location as the factory remote start.

You have the Drone installed on 2021? Drone website does not list it as compatible.

You have the Drone installed on 2021? Drone website does not list it as compatible.
Yes

136B287F-2640-47FE-91DC-305D8C043D6E.png

What is the credit card key? I can't find anything on it googling around drone mobile.

Probably talking about the Lexus key card some of us have so we don't have to carry the physical LC fob.

I have the 12volt Solutions remote start on my 2008 LX. I have been contemplating getting their cell add-on kit but haven't pulled the trigger on it.
This installation took me an hour because I missed one wire and had to go back and connect it, otherwise it would have been 30-45mins. If you have questions, let me know!

I ended up paying for the Lexus app with remote start (get’s a gps lo-jack too) however the Lexus rep on the phone said the service will be discontinued this coming October as the 3g cell networks are being shut off. Not sure if that’s really true but it’s made me wonder if other cell-based remote starters might stop working as well.

I ended up paying for the Lexus app with remote start (get’s a gps lo-jack too) however the Lexus rep on the phone said the service will be discontinued this coming October as the 3g cell networks are being shut off. Not sure if that’s really true but it’s made me wonder if other cell-based remote starters might stop working as well.

see my post #8...

12 V installed and working perfectly. The install isn’t much trouble at all. Definitely hardest part is finding a place to keep the control box so it won’t rattle. I ended up buying some Velcro from Home Depot and attaching it to the back of the knee airbag housing. It’s such that it will not interfere with its operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom