2016 LX 570 - new owner - list of questions (yes, I searched) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new to me LX 570. I am coming from a 2010 GX 460 that was lifted on 33's with sliders. I am looking to go down the same route with the LX. I am actively researching all of the below but if anyone has some input on anything, it would be appreciated.
(dealer pic)
2016 LX 570 front.jpg

1. First thing, need to get CarPlay. I had the Grom Vline and it was OK, but I had some issues with the reverse camera not showing when in R and randomly freezing. I found a good thread on the options for the LX and it looks like the no name Aliexpress units are the way to go.
2. Are these 21-inch wheels worth anything to anyone? The tires are near new.
3. Speaking of wheels and tires, does anyone know who makes the wheels on the CBI J201 build? Or something similar? I really like that look.
4. Has anyone put the CBI Covert bumper on a 2016-2018? CBI lists it as 19-21, but looks like it would work with any of the 16+ facelift cars.
LX570-Covert-Front-Bumper-2019-2021-CBI.jpg

5. I don't have cross bars, only roof rails. Can I add cross bars?

Building on #4, does anyone else make an LX 16+ front bumper? I've only seen this CBI option.

Wheels look to be the Evo Corse Dakar. I have them in 8.5x18 with 45mm offset. Great wheel but supply chain challenges have seriously inflated their prices from when I bought my set 4 years ago.

On #5 - yes you can add crossbars. I got the OEM Lexus ones. Keep in mind they only mount in set locations (where there are holes in the rails). I miss the adjustable rails of my 08.

On #5 - yes you can add crossbars. I got the OEM Lexus ones. Keep in mind they only mount in set locations (where there are holes in the rails). I miss the adjustable rails of my 08.

Yes, but we have three pre drilled mount locations (for bars sold in pairs 😒) and we have 6 mounting points to the frame/body vs 4 on the LC and previous LXs.

I have yet to find ones that are low profile enough for my liking though. I do love the Thule products.

I have a new to me LX 570. I am coming from a 2010 GX 460 that was lifted on 33's with sliders. I am looking to go down the same route with the LX. I am actively researching all of the below but if anyone has some input on anything, it would be appreciated.
(dealer pic)
View attachment 3192723
1. First thing, need to get CarPlay. I had the Grom Vline and it was OK, but I had some issues with the reverse camera not showing when in R and randomly freezing. I found a good thread on the options for the LX and it looks like the no name Aliexpress units are the way to go.
2. Are these 21-inch wheels worth anything to anyone? The tires are near new.
3. Speaking of wheels and tires, does anyone know who makes the wheels on the CBI J201 build? Or something similar? I really like that look.
4. Has anyone put the CBI Covert bumper on a 2016-2018? CBI lists it as 19-21, but looks like it would work with any of the 16+ facelift cars.
View attachment 3192725
5. I don't have cross bars, only roof rails. Can I add cross bars?

Carplay thread, yep, i am finding that these options are seriously overpriced (ive been the one emailing them).

The 21s are scrap metal. I got $1200 for my 5 on brand new yoko G056s. I got lucky.
They are worthless though since there is like 2 tire choices for that size wheel.

The evo corse wheels are great, but they are imports and prices have gone crazy (maybe down now with the $ up).
The offsets are good, but could be better IMO (35 offset is really my goldilocks).
Good news is that is the most copied design of all time. If you need help finding wheels (its our part time hobby here on MUD) let us know.

IDK why CBI ranges those years, there is nothing different up front from 2016-2022 that i know of. Like nothing.
And i like to think i know this particular truck range.

Welcome and nice truck dude.

OK, so it looks like factory cross bars for now. For anyone else interested Lexus PN for the kit: PT278-60160

@AnyMal - what Methods are you running? Any EVO replicas that you like? I agree, 45ET is fine but would rather be in the 30's and pushed a little more outboard. I was running Mehtod 703 on the GX and was a big fan of that look.

OK, so it looks like factory cross bars for now. For anyone else interested Lexus PN for the kit: PT278-60160

@AnyMal - what Methods are you running? Any EVO replicas that you like? I agree, 45ET is fine but would rather be in the 30's and pushed a little more outboard. I was running Mehtod 703 on the GX and was a big fan of that look.

Mine are discontinued.

There are some good ones coming next year, +40, and if you filter for me and search method you should see all the compatible fitment charts I’ve posted.

Im personally at +25 17”, for various reasons… but ill end up on 34sx10.5 s.

The Evo's are your basic Rally design. Method, KMC, OZ, Braid and others all offer a similar wheel design in varying diameters, offsets and colors.

Following, as I have a new to me 2017 LX and want to do exactly the same things. One additional desire of mine is to be able to mount my spare underneath and without needing to go down the path of requiring a swing away. Sorry to hijack...

The Evo's are your basic Rally design. Method, KMC, OZ, Braid and others all offer a similar wheel design in varying diameters, offsets and colors.
But please don't stop at "look"- how they're made matters and load rating for sure. Load rating is one thing that many people don't pay a lot of attention to, but is important with these heavy vehicles. Not a place to go cheap just for aesthetics, IMO.

But please don't stop at "look"- how they're made matters and load rating for sure. Load rating is one thing that many people don't pay a lot of attention to, but is important with these heavy vehicles. Not a place to go cheap just for aesthetics, IMO.

I've found that most 17's have a 2500-2600lb load rating, to get the 3500-3700lb load rating you need to move up to an 18" wheel.

Following, as I have a new to me 2017 LX and want to do exactly the same things. One additional desire of mine is to be able to mount my spare underneath and without needing to go down the path of requiring a swing away. Sorry to hijack...
Congrats and no worries...it's a good question and from what I have read so far, you can fit up to about a 33" tire in the stock location. Right now I am looking at running 275/70/18. Just need to find a set of wheels I like with the right offset.

I've found that most 17's have a 2500-2600lb load rating, to get the 3500-3700lb load rating you need to move up to an 18" wheel.
As I recall, the EvoCorse DakarZero 17" specced for the LC200/LX570/Tundra have a 2000 kg rating (over 4400 lb).

As I recall, the EvoCorse DakarZero 17" specced for the LC200/LX570/Tundra have a 2000 kg rating (over 4400 lb).

That’s awesome but totally overkill for a cruiser.

That’s awesome but totally overkill for a cruiser.
Overkill is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Are 3/16" stainless steel skids front to back overkill for a cruiser?
Is a 12,000lb winch overkill for a 200 series?
Are steel bullbars overkill for a 200 series?

In my opinion, it is up the the owner/builder, and has a lot to do with how the vehicle will be used.

The same could be said for a lot of the gear we use to tack on to our cruiser. Depends on what you're going to use it for.

Buying a rim because it looks "rally" style, isn't the same as buying a rim that is actually designed to take the grueling punishment rally throws at a rim. When I had my rally car, I spent a lot of money buying "overkill" parts, including rims. I'm not going to skimp on my 200, to get a look at the expense of functionality.

Overkill is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Are 3/16" stainless steel skids front to back overkill for a cruiser?
Is a 12,000lb winch overkill for a 200 series?
Are steel bullbars overkill for a 200 series?

In my opinion, it is up the the owner/builder, and has a lot to do with how the vehicle will be used.

The same could be said for a lot of the gear we use to tack on to our cruiser. Depends on what you're going to use it for.

Buying a rim because it looks "rally" style, isn't the same as buying a rim that is actually designed to take the grueling punishment rally throws at a rim. When I had my rally car, I spent a lot of money buying "overkill" parts, including rims. I'm not going to skimp on my 200, to get a look at the expense of functionality.

I am not condoning that anyone should but it's simply not necessary. I care about payload ratings on wheels when they are attached to a 8,000lb+ 1-ton diesel truck yanking 20,000lbs of offshore boat, but I am not the least bit concerned that the wheels on my 6000lb Cruiser that pulls 4,000lbs at best has wheels that only support 2500lbs each. Like you said, overkill is never a bad thing but it isn't a necessary thing, everything has its trade-offs. No one here short of Cruiser Outfitters is "rallying" in their Cruiser and if they are then they have a multitude of other things to worry about failure on beyond their wheels. I am big supporter of a 12,000lb winch on these trucks and I don't see that as overkill, almost necessary really as 10,000lbs just barely covers the minimum 1.5x your load rating standard.

I'm picking up a 2016 and plan to put the CBI covert front bumper on it... I'll report back with fitment. (I'm preparing to make much more careful cuts than I did on my GX!)

I'm picking up a 2016 and plan to put the CBI covert front bumper on it... I'll report back with fitment. (I'm preparing to make much more careful cuts than I did on my GX!)
That's awesome and good luck! Looking forward to seeing how that turns out. What color are you working with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom