2015 LC Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kng

Threads
Looking for some good drilled rotors and new pads, I don't off road but want some rotors that wont warp in a year.
also brake pads? tundra TRD pads? Are the ss brake hoses worth putting on for more responsive braking? or tundra calipers?
Thanks

Factory rotors, these aren't Porsches. Thermal mass wins. The factory rotors are high quality and inexpensive. Tundra TRD front pads seem to be NLA everywhere, so unless you can find some collecting dust on a shelf, you may be out of luck on those. I run Stoptech sport that are allegedly the same things, but they feel more grabby than TRD pads to me...

Aftermarket pads should fix your "warping".

Chose your fix here (pads, Tundra, or 2016+)

If that is not big enough see here:

The progression:
  1. OEM disc + aftermarket pads - fixes the so called easy "warping"
  2. Bigger disc front - Tundra or 2016 LC/LX disc and calipers
  3. TRD front - Tundra kit
  4. BBK front and/or rear - kits from StopTech, SOS Performance, Wilwood, and Brembo, most require larger than 17" wheels.

Last edited:
Factory rotors, these aren't Porsches. Thermal mass wins. The factory rotors are high quality and inexpensive. Tundra TRD front pads seem to be NLA everywhere, so unless you can find some collecting dust on a shelf, you may be out of luck on those. I run Stoptech sport that are allegedly the same things, but they feel more grabby than TRD pads to me...

Ditto

Check out ...

1647644094457.png

They aren’t warping, the issue is uneven pad deposits, and most likely caused by the way the brakes are being used on the truck. The biggest factor is repeatedly coming to a complete stop with rotors and pads hot enough to continue to transfer material. To avoid that either keep the brakes cooler, or leave room from freeway-speed stops to creep forward and keep the rotor moving under the pad.

Slotted rotors will remove mass that is important to avoid heating in the first place, and introduce vibration into the braking system. Drilled interrupts the grain structure of the metal and are notorious for developing cracks. Plus these modifications are almost always done to rotors that are lower quality than the factory toyota stuff in the first place.

Decatur toyota has the larger 2016 rotors on sale for $45 dollars in March with free shipping. I’d bet the 08-15 brakes are similar or even cheaper.

no rear rotors and checkout doesn't work on the front rotors.
any other brake pads besides stop tech sport? tire rack says 60-90 days .How about akebono? hawk? i purchased the OEM rotors from the link elkeye posted(thanks elkeye)

any other brake pads besides stop tech sport? tire rack says 60-90 days .How about akebono? hawk? i purchased the OEM rotors from the link elkeye posted(thanks elkeye)

OEM brake pads ...

Hawk HPS are my go to for a mildly more aggressive than OEM street pad. I've used them on multiple vehicles.

So you know, it'll be dusty and your wheels will forever be dirty. Will be a bit grabbier in lower speed crawling with stockish sized tires. And may squeak on occasion. The nature of performance pads. :)

If you're not running larger than stock sized tires, and really don't need the added performance, stocks pads can still be a great thing.

I'm also using Hawk pads but the LTS version. I don't notice much if any brake dust but the wheels are grey and usually dirty.

I have DBA slotted rotors and Hawk pads all the way around, been on for 2 years. Much improved braking. Wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom