2014 Tundra with ARB? Before and after pictures included now. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Evening. I am ready for new suspension on the Tundra and I am wondering about the ARB setup on Slee’s site. the ARB mediums were fantastic on the 80 so they are my first choice if they are good.

Is anyone running the ARB lift? Likes, dislikes?

If you are lifted but not ARB what are you running and how do you like it?

Cheers!

I’d spend some time on Icon’s site.....it’s all they do & I’m very impressed both with build quality & how fast you get tech support for idiot questions....(me).

I’m working over a 6” trash-tastic Pro-Comp lift with Icon goods - I‘ve called easily 3-4x in the last couple months, great support.

Esp if you’re just going 2-3” they have a lift in most budgets.

I got ~25% off on a Black Friday deal for my front coilovers & delta-joint billet upper arms.

Also, Total Chaos makes a kit to weld braces into your lower arm where the eccentric bolt mount is. I’m going to install a set after looking at the stock arm gussets.

I’d spend some time on Icon’s site.....it’s all they do & I’m very impressed both with build quality & how fast you get tech support for idiot questions....(me).

I’m working over a 6” trash-tastic Pro-Comp lift with Icon goods - I‘ve called easily 3-4x in the last couple months, great support.

Esp if you’re just going 2-3” they have a lift in most budgets.

I got ~25% off on a Black Friday deal for my front coilovers & delta-joint billet upper arms.

Also, Total Chaos makes a kit to weld braces into your lower arm where the eccentric bolt mount is. I’m going to install a set after looking at the stock arm gussets.

Yes, a 2-3” lift is what I am interested in. I am using the Tundra to haul my travel trailer and for hunting. Rough fire roads is about all I have to deal with. I just want something better than stock and a small lift. I’ll take a look at Icon.

i've loved ome on 40, 60 and 80 series land cruisers. can't go wrong there. icon may be great, but front and rear springs, ubolts, and shock on ome $1500 vs just shocks and front coils on icon for $1800! and ome acknowledges heavy load vs. standard (i would need heavy as i'm usually hauling/towing, sometimes well in excess of my 1/2t rating), whether or not that's figured in on slee's order, i don't know, but according to arb website, price is the same. icon setup with rear springs $2100 and that apparently doesn't include ubolts!!! i chanced my suspenson with slinky, dumped a fortune and it was horrible (found out afterwards that for anything over stock weight, "heavy" doesn't matter, you have to go with the $4k suspension. i can't see spending money equivalent to the cost of my rig to gamble on a suspension.

ome is time tested...easy choice if it were me. sorry linus.

Haha, we can disagree @nuclearlemon - besides, it gives the OP more viewpoints.

And I agree - Icon can get flexy compared to simple OME if you choose to go that far - but a quick phone call to Icon could give a guy an idea of what he’s thinking of buying is right for his use.

I don’t mind if I get a little slinky in the Tundra as I have airbags out back for towing, and even then I only tow like 6K max of anything I own. (boat - wet & loaded)

So I should say I am fine letting my suspension flex because I can push a little air to get my truck axle / trailer ball back to a rate that I don’t wallow with a load behind me.

I personally like the 80 series OME springs too - had the ~2” heavies as my 1st set of coils in my 80 before the ~4” Slee Hvy FR / Hvy Prog RR’s.
I extremely dislike the Nitrocharger shocks - they are worth it to move to basic Fox or anywhere North of those in my opinion. My 80 is still wearing a set of ‘L’ shocks I cannot wait to move out of, when $$ is there for more 80 stuff.

If you go with the OME setup, just pay particular attention to their coil options with the accessory weight. If you add a big bumper and winch, it has a big affect on the front end. Like the ARB bumper was pushing 350LBS with a winch installed, massive front leverage.

I have the OME 3" lift on the front of my 2013 crewmax - it helped level out the ARB bumper and winch. Rides great - and has held up for 100k miles.

This is a few weeks after most of the posts here, but thought I would share some thoughts. I have a 2012 5.7V8 Crewmax 4WD. I hit a patch of ice in 2017, slid into a guardrail and crushed my front bumper. Rather than go back to a stock bumper, I got an ARB Bullbar. But it's too heavy for the stock suspension. So I had Slee Off Road install an OME 2.5 inch lift and I've been very pleased with it. Slee also installed a set of their sliders.

My truck is not used for hard core off roading. It's primarily a tow rig for our travel trailer, it goes on ski trips, and occasionally mild off-roading for search and rescue. I have a '93 80 series for more serious off roading.

For what it's worth, the OME has been a great setup for me, and it supports the monstrous ARB bumper on the front of the truck.

I put the OME kit on my '15 CM, I chose the heavier frt springs because frt bumper and winch is an extra 100#'s over stock and I may put my plow on it, the rears I have the Dakar full with the add-a-leaf, full Decked box and Snugtop XTR shell, rides nice and 35's/295/70/18 or 285/75/18's all fit.

OMEaddAleaf.jpg

I put the OME kit on my '15 CM, I chose the heavier frt springs because frt bumper and winch is an extra 100#'s over stock and I may put my plow on it, the rears I have the Dakar full with the add-a-leaf, full Decked box and Snugtop XTR shell, rides nice and 35's/295/70/18 or 285/75/18's all fit.
do you know what the weight rating is for the rears? i have a slight tendency to overload mine ;)

@evanz80 did you have to do any other mods? i'm getting ready to put a demello front plate with a winch so i'll probably have to do something up front anyway (mine is mainly a tow rig also) so i may as well do a small lift. ;)

do you know what the weight rating is for the rears? i have a slight tendency to overload mine ;)

@evanz80 did you have to do any other mods? i'm getting ready to put a demello front plate with a winch so i'll probably have to do something up front anyway (mine is mainly a tow rig also) so i may as well do a small lift. ;)
No idea of the spring rate, but with theDecked and shell, its around 1000#'s and sits level, I tried without the add-a-leaf (bought them when I ordered the lift), but it sat too low, so I added it in. I purposefully wanted to stay with stock shackles initially, so I had a way to level if I didn't get the look w/ just springs. It's been this way for 8+months and has towed 8k#'s multiple times, so the springs have "set" and I don't expect any more drop in the rear.
Possibility of putting in airbags if I continue to tow equipment, just to keep it level all the time, since I have on-board air. Hope that helps a little.

I finally pulled the trigger on the OME lift. Got the 612 springs since I don’t have a bumper or plan to get one. Added the UCA’s so I don’t have alignment issues. Looking forward to regaining control of the Tundra. FWIW, 170,000 miles is too long on the stock trd suspension.

Tomorrows project is to pb blast the nuts & bolts. Also need to take before pictures.

After having truly crappy lift blocks over the stock Rock Warrior springs & broken Bilsteins (I have a thread going) - New springs & shocks are a night & day improvement.

I’m thinking fresh LCA’s w/ those Total Kaos strength tabs may land on the truck before I go nuts on Icon shocks out back - maybe pick their brains over different leaf packs too / replace whatever Pro Comp junk is in there.

FR strut swap is a straightforward thing - the 4 bolts up top & single one on the LCA.

GL !

Got the install done today. Ride is much improved and the truck is now much closer to level. Handling is night and day better! Install went very smooth with the exception of the lower shock bolt on DS. Not sure what the deal was but the bolt would stop half way through the bushing where the threads ended. A Dremel sanding disk and wire brushing the bolt coating off got it done. Gave the bolt a good coat of moly grease hoping to give it a little protection.

A97020D5-1D9F-4025-91D0-3F39EAF6F601.jpeg

F71F1801-C90D-45A3-9EEB-AF495D3A7DDD.jpeg

That turned out great! I have a 14 CM as well...now you've made me look at lifts for mine...:bang:
If you are running the original shocks and springs you should be. You’ll bang your head after for not doing it earlier. Handling is fantastic now.

+1 to better shocks esp.

Those Bilsteins that were stock were horrid garbage.
I swear that I’ve had a bunch of Billy’s on street cars, but that extension rod to the LCA was a joke.

I took pics of how mine flat broke free in my Pro Comp thread.

I am going to put the old suspension on Craigslist for $50 including the uca and ball joints. To little?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom