2014 Tundra Crewmax limited 4x4: what do i need to know? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, i am looking to buy a used tundra, and would like to ask if anything i should look for? have a eye on a 2014 Tundra Crewmax limited 4x4.
Carfax and Experience both report good service history, 2 owners (one in Connecticut for 5 years with 21K miles on it, the rest is in in west).
so i am little concern on the rust since it stayed in CT for 5 years, but hopefully the limited 21k miles saved it somehow in the rust department.
might go to see the truck tomorrow.
Thanks
hskb

415436157_10219714500973132_8394957379868699413_n.jpg

There isn’t a ton of things that are inherently issues with these. Go look it over and drive it. If you like it, have an inspection done at a reputable shop. Have them pay extra attention to lower ball joints and suspension and steering in general. Brakes also seem to wear quickly on these. 2014 is the first year of the 2.5 generation, but the vast majority of changes were cosmetic. If you are ok with buying gas, you’ll love the truck. They love their fuel!

thanks Jose, this definitely help me know what to look for.

Cam tower leaks are one thing to look for:

I would say a majority of the used higher mileage Tundras I looked exhibited some amount seepage, which I am not worried about, but it is good to be aware of. Now if it is actively leaking on the manifolds that is another story and an expensive repair. Also, don't assume you get any features with the Limited besides leather and a sunroof. These trucks are in a whole different league when it comes to features and build quality compared to your GX and LX. I am still trying to adjust to mine and can't wrap my head around the fact that my 2003 GX has more "options". Also, the backseats don't fold forward so you can't put anything behind them, frustrating to say the least. They are fun though, it is nice to drive and has plenty of power, plus you get a bed to throw stuff in. If there is any rust walk away, there should be plenty of rust free examples in your area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom