2014 Tundra with ARB? Before and after pictures included now. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am going to put the old suspension on Craigslist for $50 including the uca and ball joints. To little?

Mine had mid-70K on all that came out from the FR so far, and I was told it was all worn out (the not broken parts).

How many miles on all yours?

Some guy had set of deluxe (stage 3 or better) 2.5” Icon gear w/ ~30K & was asking 1/2 MSRP. Was over on Tundratalk last Spring & I’m pretty sure he couldn’t get an offer over 1/3 MSRP.

Mine is all junk, I was going to just recycle it / call the nephew as he’s the family “scrapper”.

HTH? :meh:

Mine had mid-70K on all that came out from the FR so far, and I was told it was all worn out (the not broken parts).

How many miles on all yours?

Some guy had set of deluxe (stage 3 or better) 2.5” Icon gear w/ ~30K & was asking 1/2 MSRP. Was over on Tundratalk last Spring & I’m pretty sure he couldn’t get an offer over 1/3 MSRP.

Mine is all junk, I was going to just recycle it / call the nephew as he’s the family “scrapper”.

HTH? :meh:
With 170k on it this stuff is pretty tired. But the UCA’s with ball joints should be worth $50 alone. Just hoping someone will take it all away.

Yeah - ask $50 if there weren’t core charges for the arms you have now.

Or see if there is a core on them so places can re-bush & re-ball joint the basic arms - I’ve no clue myself.

I gotta go back & re-read if you did like Icons UCA’s (or whoever/similar) — or if you did Rock Auto OE spec - In the Pro Comp lift they lift the strut with those goofy pipe blocks & the spindle arm is stretched too - aside from the diff drop box.

So you could run the OE UCA’s, but w/ 37’s they rubbed at full lock either direction so I needed to use the adj UCA’s & Deltajoints are just good math over how fast you eat Heims/delrin material in the base Icon UCA’s.

I have to grease my Delta’s about every 5K, and expect anything from 30-60K life, depending on how much you “Raptor drive” your Tundra :cool:

I’m a older guy, so I was amazed I did the damage I did in a short ~15K owning it.

I don’t think myself hard on my truck at all really :meh:

I installed the SPC UCA’s with their supplied ball joint. I slid the ball join out as far as possible for clearance and the alignment shop aligned with the LCA adjustment points. Drives like a charm.

Gotcha - yeah, those arms looked the business for running a ball joint. I was kinda pinched for time & so why I went the Icon UCA’s w/ DJ’s - even if they are higher maintenance by alot.

With a month of driving on the new lift here are my comments:

Ride is exponentially better than the TRD suspension was even new. The best way to describe it is very connected to the road. I have driven this quite a bit in one of the orchards which have rough to almost non existent roads. Even at speeds faster than should be driven the truck stays connected. The biggest test of that is a steep grassy row I have to drive up to get to the top of the orchard. There are a lot of bumps and dips that cause the traction system to kick in constantly on the wet grass. With this suspension the traction system never kicks in. The tires just stay hooked up.

Getting off the top of the hill there is a rocky ledge that drops you down into a canyon. The truck articulates perfectly and never looses connection with the road. Prior to the lift you had to hang on to the steering wheel in case you hit a bump. Now you hit the bump and you hear it and feel it but the steering wheel doesn’t budge. Tracking stays perfect and driving is much more relaxed.

On road the handling is firm but not harsh. Again, you hear bumps more than feel the and tracking is perfect. I pulled the sway bar and have not seen the need to reinstall it. On the tightest corners, at speed, there is a perceptible amount of lean but not bad at all.

The only thing I have to be careful of is the ride height. While at the top of the orchard I had to get out of the truck to check something. I was on the down slope and stepped out without thinking. It was a much farther drop than I expected. I have a messed up knee so that was an unpleasant surprise. It only happens once and then you look before you leap.

If you want a small lift with good articulation, medium firm ride and an excellent tuned feel I can wholly recommend this kit.

do you tow/haul at all? i wonder how it compares on towing/hauling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom