2013 Toyota Sequoia limited build thread (1 Viewer)

Which Expedition One bumper to choose?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've decided to start a new build thread for my 2013 limited Sequoia.***SOLD*** NOV 2018. Bought a 200LC

I also have a 2001 Sequoia limited and just recently sold my 95 FZJ80 Series.

My current plan is to make the 2013 Sequoia a weekend camping and occasional overland use.

Current: Aug, 2018
Mileage: 52k
- Tires: 295/60R20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2
- 20" Fuel Offroad Vapor wheels
- Window tint Front driver/passenger
- Yellow top Optima battery
- Black Tundra Grill
- ComeUp 12.5RS Seal Gen 2 winch
- Factor55 flat link

Armor:
- RCI aluminum front skid plate.
- Expedition One Front standard bumper w/ PIAA LED LP 530 FOG Light.

Suspension:
@cruiseroutfit installed:
Front: OME BP-51's with SPC UCA's.
Rear: Dobinson rear springs and shocks

Interior:
- Pretty much stock.
- Husky Liners WeatherBeater Floor Liners Front and 2nd row

Future Plans:
- Hoping that Expedition One will do a rear end scan of my Sequoia in hopes of building a rear bumper too.
- Kenwood dual-band HAM radio - KG7AFV
- Possibly a K9 roof rack
- iKamper RTT
- Slee Tundra sliders or something equivalent. The Running boards are working great for now.
- I would like to fit ARB type drawers in the cargo 3rd row, but as the seats are it doesn't seem feasible.
- A 200 Series LC 2013-2015 If I end up getting a 200 series before the above Future mods then they will just go onto the 200 Series. The Sequoia I will give my my Mrs. She likes her 2001 so much and plus she uses it to haul our 150ibs great dane around. I have two adults kids now so don't really need all the seating but when they come in town.

Trailer: Pics to come
I sold my home built off road trailer and wanted to start another trailer build but off a great platform so I purchased a 2017 Schutt XVenture DXL.
Mods Include:
Adjustable rear stabilizer jacks
Linear electric actuators to lift the tent 16"
2018 Tepui Autuna Sky Ruggedized XL RTT with annex.
17" ICON 6 speed wheels - Black
285 70R/17 General Grabber AT2

Some shots of my recently sold 80 Series, 2001 Sequoia Limited, 2013 Sequoia Limited, and home built off-road trailer (Sold).

20150215_104314_HDR.jpg

DSC00128.JPG

s-l500.jpg

DSC00187.JPG

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to decide on which Expedition One front bumper to choose. One with the bull bar or without.
Tundra 2007- 2013 Front Bumpers | Expedition One

I plan to install a Come-up winch the 12.5RS with LED PIAA FOG. I'm also hoping that later this summer I can get Exp One to prototype me a rear dual swing out similar to their existing one they sell for other platforms.

Expedition_One_Toyota_Tundra_Range_Max_Front_Bumper.jpg

Expedition_One_Toyota_Tundra_Range_Max_Front_Bumper_2.jpg

exptun6.jpg

exptun8.jpg

tundrasnd1-1024x682.jpg

I'm currently trying to decide on which Expedition One front bumper to choose. One with the bull bar or without.
Tundra 2007- 2013 Front Bumpers | Expedition One

I plan to install a Come-up winch the 12.5RS with LED PIAA FOG. I'm also hoping that later this summer I can get Exp One to prototype me a rear dual swing out similar to their existing one they sell for other platforms.

View attachment 1610291

View attachment 1610292

View attachment 1610293

View attachment 1610294

View attachment 1610295
I've decided to start a new build thread for my 2013 limited Sequoia. It currently has a ReadyLift leveling kit.

I also have a 2001 Sequoia limited and just recently sold my 95 80 Series.

My current plan is to make the 2013 Sequoia for overland use.

Some shots of my recently sold 80 Series, 2001 Sequoia Limited, 2013 Sequoia Limited, and home built off-road trailer (currently up for sale).

View attachment 1610248

View attachment 1610250

View attachment 1610252

View attachment 1610253

View attachment 1610266

View attachment 1610281

View attachment 1610297
Expolander,

Love to hear more about your plans for the '13 Sequoia. We bought a 2011 Sequoia SR5 (4WD) in Aug 2017, and has a "soccer mom's truck" look to it. I currently have Michelin LTX M/S2 275/65R18s on it. I'm looking to add some much needed testosterone to the truck, and would like your thoughts: 1. Replace the Michelin's with BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2's; 2. A leveling kit or lift it (need some input here as to what looks best) to beef up the look, Aries 4" bull bar on the front, and full size 72" Yakima roof rack. I'm not looking to make this into a tank, but something more than where I'm at now. Thoughts?

Hi BangerF16,

My first thoughts on "beefing" up any Sequoia or any vehicle to get it over the "stock" look would be to replace the tires and/or wheels. I think that is a good first step. The tire brand, make, model all depends on your use. A little research on this forum or other google searches will help you with deciding a tire best suitable for your driving needs.

I opted for the 295/60R 20 Terra Grappler G2 on Fuel 20" wheels. I've run Terra Grappler AT's on my other Sequoia for years and they seems to work best for all season.

Front bumpers are awesome for many reasons...but I found that like on my Land Cruiser it came in handy when bush whacking and I used my winch more to pull others out than for myself which was maybe once a year. So a bumper and winch can be an expensive mod, but you just have to ask yourself is it a necessary mod or just a want. Right now, I'm holding off on the front bumper and winch because I don't feel I will use or need it...of course..until that time comes when I wish I had installed it, but I'm putting my money into other stuff as well so that is still a mod on the list.

Roof racks are nice...if you like to put stuff up their...if you're buying it for the "overland look" then put your money into other things.

My lift is a ReadyLift 3"F/2"R which should be suitable with the tires and lift to get me around most dirt roads. Since I no longer have my FZJ80 I have no need for "rock crawling" which that was well built and suited for.

I have added window tint to front driver and front passenger windows and Husky Liners which are awesome in front and 2nd row.

I'll update my main post with these mods and any future or planned mods.

Overall the Sequoia Limited is very well equipped and I too am surprised that there isn't a larger after market for them.

Thanks.

My updates as of Aug, 2018

Added the following:
RCI aluminum front skid plate.

Expedition One:
-Expedition One Front standard bumper w/ PIAA LED LP 530 FOG Light.
-Black Tundra Grill
-ComeUp 12.5RS Seal Gen 2 winch
-Factor55 flat link

@cruiseroutfit installed:
Front: OME BP-51's with SPC UCA's.
Rear: Dobinson rear springs and shocks

So far a very awesome combo and ride.

The OME's were set to a pre-load of 25mm according to Tundra spec. However, on a Sequoia I think it doesn't sit as high factory as a Tundra anyway, so I may end up reducing the pre-load (~15mm) after I add some more miles to it and let the suspension settle in more. If the front is still high, I'll reduce the pre-load to level it out more.

I took measurements from the top of each rim to the bottom fender wheel-well. It's pretty dead-on even side to side which is super. the front to rear is more like 1.5".

FR: 14.25
FL: 14.25

RR: 12.75
RL: 12.75

I'll run it for a few hundred more miles and see how it does settle. It should be easy enough to re-set the pre-load if I need to. Kind of a pain, but an easy solution and like you say small adjustments and I should be good. I just wanted to pass along the info in case anyone else wants to do this setup.
@cruiseroutfit did a stellar job as this was a first for them so kudos to OB(Ollie B.) and the crew. I highly recommend.

To check out pics -->
2013 Toyota Sequoia Limited - Google Drive

DSC00966.JPG

DSC00968.JPG

DSC01003.JPG

DSC01007.JPG

DSC01015.JPG

Super easy to adjust. Let the front (and rear) settle and adjustment will be easy.

@Expolander Nice sequoia build. If you can convince Expedition One to build a rear bumper. Add me to the list of interest person. I know a few more 2nd gen sequoia owner looking for a rear bumper.

BTW, I love your OME BP51 setup. I currently have bilstein 5100 with Dobinson Springs combo for both front and rear.

Hello everyone!

Not sure how alive the thread is, but we wanted to pop in! The builds look phenomenal and we are very glad you're all so happy with them!

If any of you would be interested I am starting a customer gallery to show of your builds through our page, our instagram, and other social media. If you're interested send them to sales@expeditionone.biz

Jace Randolph
Expedition One

Hi

My ‘08 (below) has the 3”/2” ReadyLift. I am currently running the 275/70r18 KO2’s on factory SR5 wheels. I am upgrading to Tundra 20” Limited wheels and am looking at 275/65 tires. (34”) these shouldn't rub, correct? Were your wheels spaced when you had your ReadyLift?

@Expolander Nice sequoia build. If you can convince Expedition One to build a rear bumper. Add me to the list of interest person. I know a few more 2nd gen sequoia owner looking for a rear bumper.

BTW, I love your OME BP51 setup. I currently have bilstein 5100 with Dobinson Springs combo for both front and rear.
How's the ride?

I'm not sure folks can keep up with me...I'm not even so sure I can keep up with me...I've had over 40 different cars since before I started driving; legally.

On these most recent one's

Sold the 2013 Sequoia Limited
Sold the 2008 LC

Currently have 2019 Tundra for past 1yr and 2001 Sequoia (9yr)

Future plan is to keep the Tundra and buy a newer 200 LC. Keeping an eye out for Blue color. Found one, but timing is still a bit off for me to pull the trigger just yet.

I really liked the ride on the 2013, Just a REALLY BIG vehicle for two people.

I'm not sure folks can keep up with me...I'm not even so sure I can keep up with me...I've had over 40 different cars since before I started driving; legally.

On these most recent one's

Sold the 2013 Sequoia Limited
Sold the 2008 LC

Currently have 2019 Tundra for past 1yr and 2001 Sequoia (9yr)

Future plan is to keep the Tundra and buy a newer 200 LC. Keeping an eye out for Blue color. Found one, but timing is still a bit off for me to pull the trigger just yet.

I really liked the ride on the 2013, Just a REALLY BIG vehicle for two people.
How was the ride on the Sequoia?

How was the ride on the Sequoia?

As I mentioned "I really liked the ride on the 2013" it was a bit stiff, but I didn't have it long after the initial install to let things settle or the ride soften up which I'm sure it did a little. Overall, I would do this kind of build out again if I were to get another Sequoia.

As I mentioned "I really liked the ride on the 2013" it was a bit stiff, but I didn't have it long after the initial install to let things settle or the ride soften up which I'm sure it did a little. Overall, I would do this kind of build out again if I were to get another Sequoia.
I'm sorry, I missed that part about it being stiff.

As I get myself - and my wife, and our three young kids - into more remote, risky situations I find myself thinking about winches (and gas tank armor). Started Googling for a good 2013 Sequoia hidden winch bumper and found so very little.

@Expolander, your build looks great! How much custom work/fitting had to be done to get the Expedition One bumper installed?

ADA6799E-4E88-4119-994C-BFEB629E92DD.png

As I get myself - and my wife, and our three young kids - into more remote, risky situations I find myself thinking about winches (and gas tank armor). Started Googling for a good 2013 Sequoia hidden winch bumper and found so very little.

@Expolander, your build looks great! How much custom work/fitting had to be done to get the Expedition One bumper installed?

View attachment 2734737

The Expo 1 front bumper bolted right up. No problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom