2013 Southern Cruiser Crawl (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

made it in about 10 pm last night local time. by and large, it was a fairly uneventful trip out. made our first stop at a truck stop in Ripon, CA to check axle weights, then we were off. According to the scale (after moving some stuff off the trailer), we were under by 90 lbs on the trailer, and moving some luggage in the camper got the drive axle legal. This was the first thing that surprised us.

The second thing was that it was actually possible to leave California for an event without breaking something, flopping, setting something on fire, or a combination of the three. It was hard passing the hammers with a v8 powered buggy on 40s full of fuel someone else paid for, but sometimes sacrifices must be made.

And it turns out I need to write my own GPS software. BK's GPS, which sent us down a dirt highway on the way to the black hills cruiser classic, sent us through just about every dry county in western arkansas, then couldn't find an open liquor store.

So, in all, so far so good. Now for some pics.

fixing trailer weight:
Photo571.jpg

arriving:
Photo578.jpg

this shouldn't need description
Photo583.jpg

my buggy's on the way, so is my bag of clothes. i'm jumpin on a plane Wednesday morning and heading east. carry-on!!!!!

:steer:

speaking of steering and packing, hope you brought some vice grips. we're not quite sure where your steering wheel made it off to, and BK was having a hard time driving the buggy with a crescent wrench.
Photo579.jpg

Last edited:
Westbound and down, heading towards the traffic jam.

IH8MUD on Android

ForumRunner_20131009_184033.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.arkansashighways.com/lanes/lanemap3.htm

Most people seem to already be there but hope this helps.

Going west on I-40 it is best to get off the interstate well before forrest city ar (around exit256) and get on hwy 70 west bound and get back on interstate at palestine. Even if traffic is flowing since it goes down to one lane if there is an accident after you get in that area you are stopped till emergency services free things up. Drive safe. Hope to see yall FRI or SAT. Enjoy my new home town.

Just landed in Dallas.

BBQ.

sleep.

Drive.

Wheel.

If your headed to the Crawl from Memphis, Beware traffic jams from Memphis to Little Rock. When the signs say "Consider Alternant Route" get off of 40 and run the parallel road. 40 is moving at a crawl (not the good kind) for miles.

Spent Yesterday in Silverton. We were Delayed By a Train. In New Mexico Today(Ballon Fiesta:princess:) Driving like Vikings out 40 Headed EAST:clap::clap::clap: !!!

2013 Oct Steam Front.jpg

2013 Oct Steam Blast.jpg

2013 Oct Steam Train Cars.jpg

2013 Oct New Mexico.jpg

2013 Oct Cheap Gas.jpg

http://www.arkansashighways.com/lanes/lanemap3.htm

Most people seem to already be there but hope this helps.

Going west on I-40 it is best to get off the interstate well before forrest city ar (around exit256) and get on hwy 70 west bound and get back on interstate at palestine. Even if traffic is flowing since it goes down to one lane if there is an accident after you get in that area you are stopped till emergency services free things up. Drive safe. Hope to see yall FRI or SAT. Enjoy my new home town.

:)))

ForumRunner_20131010_134308.jpg

ForumRunner_20131010_134308.jpg

It started out a little higher up on the hill. Definitely not flat ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom