2013 Land Cruiser Folding Mirror Issue (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally got it all back together again and back on the door. Everything works and the mirror no longer rotates all the way forward when the ignition is turned on. After I got it all put back together, I took the old folding actuator apart to see if I could see what was actually wrong with it but didn't see anything obvious with the mechanical internal parts. I was expecting to see some broken teeth on gears or something but it all looks OK inside it. There is a circuit board in the actuator which surprised me. I'm guessing that it is fried in some way.

mirror 1.jpg

Like everything else, if I have to do it again, it will be much easier. The wire harness is the hard part. That and not breaking the plastic clips/tabs that hold the shell together. I broke several wires on the old harness trying to pull them out of the 19 wire plug connector before I realized it had clip that needs to be released first. Once you understand how it works, its not too bad. I'll post some photos and a bit of a write up for others to reference this weekend when I have some time.

Mirror's fixed and back on!

tarted a new thread to document the “how to” procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom