Builds 2011 GX460 Mild Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought the GX back in September 2019. See that thread here. The mods I plan on installing are as follows:

Dobinsons GX460 2-2.5" suspension
Dobinsons UCA's
ALPHAEquipt Delta 17x8.5" wheels
RSG Metalworks top plate sliders with kick-out
BFG KO2's in 265/70R-17

The wheels and the suspension kit came in. Should have everything but the UCA's this week. Here are the wheels:

alpha_b0da0a115ca66596699c67964f1052b610eaf807.jpg

Last edited:
There's an optional GXOR center cap for those also.

Well that sucks

Build was completed yesterday! I had a shop (RPM Garage in Monrovia, CA) do the install. They did an excellent job! Especially on the alignment. It's spot on. Some changes to the parts list were:
SPC UCA's
Falken Wildpeak AT3W's in 275/70R-17 (this combo does NOT fit in the OEM spare tire carrier)

GX460-Web2.jpg

GX460004.jpg

GX460006.jpg

GX460007.jpg

GX460-Web1.jpg

Did you end up with the 2 inch or 2.5 inch lift? Just wondering how my dobinsons 2 inch lift is going to turn out with the same size tires.

I finally made it to check out your build thread. Nice rig buddy, hows the clearance with that tire height?
Thank you! It only rubs if I'm reversing with the steering wheel at full lock. Pretty rare circumstance.

Build was completed yesterday! I had a shop (RPM Garage in Monrovia, CA) do the install. They did an excellent job! Especially on the alignment. It's spot on. Some changes to the parts list were:
SPC UCA's
Falken Wildpeak AT3W's in 275/70R-17 (this combo does NOT fit in the OEM spare tire carrier)

View attachment 2223507
View attachment 2223509

View attachment 2223515
View attachment 2223517

View attachment 2223506
What are you doing for a spare tire since it does not fit in carrier?

Options:
Level 1 - If you have AAA and never plan on being to far from the pavement (read: gravel shoulder), a can of air sealant or a call to Auto Club is about all you'll ever need.
Level 2 - Get a tire puncture kit (Amazon product ASIN B002I52RG0) and an air compressor. That will help on the trail.
Level 3 - A hitch mounted tire carrier.
Level 4 - Steel rear bumper with tire carrier.

Just my 2 cents wroth. All are viable considerations.

What are you doing for a spare tire since it does not fit in carrier?
Right now I have it in the cargo area. It's the same wheel and tire as the other four. At some point I'll decide on where I'm going to put it.

SPC UCA's

View attachment 2223507

View attachment 2223506
Very sharp. I hope to be doing something very similar soon with a 2010 in white. I am deciding on the RSG flat vs RSG angled. Those are flat. Correct?

Thanks! Yes those are flat.
Do those flat ones make a OK step for the little lady to get in? Do you think they give as much protection being flat? I have All Pros on the FJ and it is a big jump for my wife!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom