2010 LX570 VGRS NO COMMUNICATION WITH STEERING SENSOR NOW CURRENT + RADIO SOMETIMES WORKS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched and if this has been addressed somewhere, my apologies.

I started getting "Check VGRS" and at first I could clear with techstream, now "lost communication with steering angle sensor" is current and active...also RADIO has become inoperant, they were both working intermittently...I opened the left footrest column and seems like the 3 large connectors got wet, they were brownish, I did have the windshield replaced 2 years ago...I sprayed some electronics cleaner and used toothbrush on the the connectors, nothing new. I then got a used VGRS module from Ebay and the error persists but now the steering is crooked, which makes me think the modules are good, so the question is: Where does steering sensor and radio meet? Is there a plug that they are both connected to? I tried to hose the car persistently could not find water inside, even dropped water in sunroof drain, I went to the ground past the truck floor. Any hints will be greatly appreciated, my wife will be back in 20 days, the whole driver side is taken apart....

Your best bet is to get ahold of the FSM and start troubleshooting for there. You should be able to trace the connection between the steering angle sensor and the VGRS ECU.

I would also not be surprised if your symptoms are unrelated. I would suspect that the closest relationship you will probably find is that some of the wiring might be in the same body plugs. There is this thread that shows you how to run a diagnostic on the AV system. There are multiple controllers in the AV system that if any one of them lost power, the radio pretty much stops working. That's probably where I'd start with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom