2010 LC200 Roof Rear Screen with Android Head Unit In Front (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello

I have a 2010 LC200 which has a navigation unit radio + dvd player in front and a roof rear entertainment screen in the back which can basically play DVD video from front head unit.

I want to replace front head unit with an Android version, specially this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004886581372.html, but want rear screen to still work, not for DVDs, but for AV ports in rear center console area.

I am told by the seller that the Android version once installed in the front will make DVD player in the front not work. I am okay with DVD player not working but I want the kids to have rear screen with AV ports in the back to still work. Is this something still doable? Does anyone who has opened the dash for front radio replacement know if I can still keep power to the rear entertainment screen even if DVD player is disconnected and front radio is replaced?

Any help and some pointer to make this all work will be really appreciated. Thanks

IMG_6580.jpeg

IMG_6582.jpeg

IMG_1745.jpeg

IMG_6602.jpeg

Normally those Android units will have rca video outputs or HDMI video outputs…then you should be able to run to the center console RCA inputs. I’ve considered this as well. You would just want to find out WHAT the video is actually sending….will it send the entire screen or movie, etc

Normally those Android units will have rca video outputs or HDMI video outputs…then you should be able to run to the center console RCA inputs. I’ve considered this as well. You would just want to find out WHAT the video is actually sending….will it send the entire screen or movie, etc
thanks for the reply. Yes I know about RCA/HDMI outputs in these Android units but what I am not sure is whether the screen will have any sort of power once DVD player is disconnected in the front and navigation unit is replaced with Android one? If it has power then of course we can do the RCA/HDMI outputs as your suggested.

thanks for the reply. Yes I know about RCA/HDMI outputs in these Android units but what I am not sure is whether the screen will have any sort of power once DVD player is disconnected in the front and navigation unit is replaced with Android one? If it has power then of course we can do the RCA/HDMI outputs as your suggested.
by screen will have any sort of power, I meant the roof rear screen, in case it wasn't already cleared. Thanks

by screen will have any sort of power, I meant the roof rear screen, in case it wasn't already cleared. Thanks
Ah…good point. I hadn’t thought of that.

I would think there is just a power trigger that alerts the screen to drop. If you can figure out that wire (or wires) this might be a simple fix by putting a switch in line to lower and raise it. Tapping into the video inputs should be easy enough at the RCA inputs, unless it routes back to the head unit, which I doubt.

Same boat. I am in discussions with a vendor on the 16" Tesla style who insists the ceiling monitor will work and be able to show videos from the dash, just not DVD...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom