2009 Toyota Venza leakage on a pillar and sometimes b pillar. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I recently bought a 2009 venza secondhand. It has 190,500 miles on it and a sun and moon roof. Previous owner has never had an accident in it. For the first few weeks, there was no leakage, and then one day i Noticed a little leakage coming from the drivers side front a pillar, where the headliner meets the plastic pillar. It wouldn’t happen everytime it rained from that point on, but occasionally. Tonight it leaked the most, luckily I have a weather mat so most the water didn’t seep into the rug. I really don’t know what to do. Only twice has the pass get side b pillar leaked, and tonight only the a side leaked the large amount of water. I’ve attached photos that show the extent of the leakage from tonight. I apologize if this is all worded weirdly, very tired from a long day of work. It’s supposed to be a rainy week so I would love any advice on how to fix this. I plan to check tomorrow if drains are plugged. Once again this doesn’t happen everytime it rains, and actually earlier today after it’d rained hard there was no leakage. Only after I moved my car during work and came back after my shift was there a vast amount of leakage

641D9ADD-BBEF-4452-8968-32A5E52E28DF.jpeg

E9BDE008-F05B-40C9-8722-4D7FE6A1CCBD.jpeg

70ED36AB-EC39-4401-A7A7-135FF6C56A1F.jpeg

If there's no aftermarket roof rack installed (or anything else that has made new holes in the roof) then I'd highly suspect it's a bad seal on the top of the windshield. Water gets in and leaks on the A pillar and sometimes is bad enough to run down some wires (aka probably side curtain airbag wires) and makes it to the B pillar mount and drips off there.

I'd take it to a windshield show and have them check it out. Good luck!

Check all your drain tubes from your sunroof, the front ones are easy since you can see it when the sunroof is open. Get a cup of warm water and find a foot long of string trimmer and feed it down the tube until you see water running out the drain on the bottom even better if you have compressed air and blow out all that junk out, for the rear hose you may need to pull down the headliner partially to access the drain tubes and the same process until you see water draining out. I wish I have pictures but I'm sure you will find some on Youtube.

Be careful with compressed air, too many CFMs can cause the lines to disconnect at the sunroof drain holes. I have the exact same problem with one of my BMWs and have it scheduled for the shop to drop the headliner. Given how high the water is leaking on the pillar we believe they became disconnected because we confirmed the line is clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom