2008 GX 470 Door Stuck Closed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,
Recently purchased an 08 GX470. Both rear doors would not lock with the key fob or the master switch, so through my research I ordered two replacement actuator motors. I started with the passenger side and everything went relatively well, I had to remove the division bar for the square and triangle glass and then I was able to remove the actuator. As I was replacing the motor, the cover popped off and the inside bits scattered around. I believe I was able to put everything back together correctly as it appeared it would only go one way.

I reassembled and replaced the actuator and door assembly. I tested the power windows and lock before shutting the door and everything appeared to be working correctly as I could hear the new door lock actuator engaging. Upon shutting the door, I found that I could not open the door from the inside or outside handle. I then removed the door cover from the inside. Pulling on the cables manually and moving the assembly that the door handle is connected to (the white fork that pushes down) manually does nothing. It seems the actuator is stuck in the locked position and something internal has come loose or is not engaging.

Any ideas how I can get the door back open? I cannot remove the actuator again without having the door open.

Can you reach them enough to remove the rod/cables from them? I've not been in there so may not be able, but if you can get them unhooked then you should be able to manually actuate. Or can you unhook the wiring or disconnect the battery? That might let you manually actuate them as well.

All,
Thanks for the replies. I was able to get the door opened. After some further investigating I found the child lock seemed to be binding and stuck halfway in between engaged and disengaged. I was able to force it disengaged with a screwdriver, and then pulling the cable the inside door handle opened the door. I have ordered a replacement actuator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom