2007 LC100 - SUSPENSION KNOCK AFTER 1.5” LIFT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m a little perplexed as to the possible issue after a recent lift. Accelerating from a stop, I get this mild knock and low rumbling noise up to about 40 mph from the front end then it smooths out. New shocks, new front/rear sway bar bushings and down rods, new diff bushing, Icon shocks all the way around, right wheel bearing, new right CV, new steering gear, and new tie rods, everything is tight, alignment came back with no issues. UCA and LCA ball joints seem sound and all drive shaft fittings were greased. I can feel everything through the steering wheel and accelerator as well as hear it. Once I’m above 40 or so, nothing. I’m clueless as to the source of the trouble. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I’m a little perplexed as to the possible issue after a recent lift. Accelerating from a stop, I get this mild knock and low rumbling noise up to about 40 mph from the front end then it smooths out. New shocks, new front/rear sway bar bushings and down rods, new diff bushing, Icon shocks all the way around, right wheel bearing, new right CV, new steering gear, and new tie rods, everything is tight, alignment came back with no issues. UCA and LCA ball joints seem sound and all drive shaft fittings were greased. I can feel everything through the steering wheel and accelerator as well as hear it. Once I’m above 40 or so, nothing. I’m clueless as to the source of the trouble. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Is it rotational ?

Is it rotational ?
Yes. Although both CVs have been replaced (with aftermarket), the right went bad fast so it may be the left has gone bad too. Only OEM going back in if that’s the case. All this comes with a vibe then smooths out around 40mph. There is only but so much up front that can go wrong that is rotational.

I also had some noises after lifting etc.. Finally solved it by a "full knuckle rebuild". I swapped the bushing and needle bearing as well as the flanges, wheel bearings, sealings, ... --> all noises gone.

My feeling: you got so many old parts in there, that are used to run on each other, wear each other in, ... then you renew one parts and it doesn't "fit" anymore...

So my proposal to everyone starting to lift, replacing CVs: do a full knuckle rebuild and don't skip a single old part participating in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom