2006 LX470 no lights. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. As the title says. I have a 2006 LX470. My headlights (low), high beams, fog lights, taillights don't work. I checked the fuses under the hood #25-#28 and they are fine. I did measure with a test light and there is no power there. I tried key on/off, engine running, but nothing. My brake lights do light up (on the body lenses, and the 3rd brake light work. (I have the LED lamps in the back, if that makes a difference)
Any ideas? Can someone give me a wiring diagram to the headlamp switch? Id like to see where it gets its power from. Are the switches problematic? Is there perhaps a light module that controls all lights?
(none of my dome/map lights work either, if that's somehow related)
Any input is welcomed. Thank you.

I've had the high beam on my stalk switch go out(2007 LC). My guess is that is what happened to yours. Does high beam flash work? Reverse lights? turn signals? hazards?

I've attached the headlight page from the 06 LX470 EWD. Its should be a good start for diagnosis. The headlight stalk switch switches ground.

Attachments

• system.pdf
    794.5 KB · Views: 60
Turn signals work (in bumper) idk if the corner lights are also turn signals, reverse lights work, hazards work, high beam flash does not. And THANKS!

idk if the corner lights are also turn signals
Unless a PO modified your wiring a and changed out the corner lamps to LC version, your corners should only be marker or "parking" lights with no flashing function. Good luck chasing your gremlin.

Thanks. No the PO was a middle aged mom. Car is completely stock and well taken care of. It’s a nice example.

Does anyone know if the headlight/multifunction switch is a common issue?

it shouldn't be. I have two, I've taken one apart.

I'd really go through all three fuse boxes. I'd bet you'll find one. Body ecu etc

I think you're probably safe that it's not the 4 headlight relays in the main fuse box.

Long term you should get the wiring book they're pretty cheap. If you can't find the LX version just get the LC version.

It's almost the same. Now I'm thinking of the differences though, try for the LX version of 06 or 07.

Lexus books have better explanations on the final page of each chapter diagrams. Especially lighting and indicators.

I took out every single fuse yesterday, and I even cleaned them with my wire wheel dremel. And blew compressed air through the fuse boxes. All I found was one blown radio fuse.
What is this Lexus book you speak of?
Sorry I’m new to Lexus/Toyota.

wow they got expensive.
this is worth it though. It's my bible. They are cheaper than that if you wait and search.

1657834450725.png

wow they got expensive.
this is worth it though. It's my bible. They are cheaper than that if you wait and search.

View attachment 3059122
I’ve noticed some of the FSMs I’ve bought on ebay have been counterfeit. Everythings there but you can tell the quality isn’t the same. Side Margins are different so part of the indexes are cut off

Where is the “Body ECU” located? I found the engine control ecu (behind glove box) but the wiring diagram that njck22 posted is asking for the body ecu.

wow they got expensive.

View attachment 3059122
Is the 2007 exact same as 2006?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom