For Sale 2006 LX470 98k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Hey all,

Just had this vehicle inspected and it looks okay. According to the report the AHC was not working, it also has not had the 90k mile service. Attached are pictures. I'm not so worried about the ride adjustment not working because I would eventually swap that out anyway; rust is my main concern. The seller is asking 17k, was looking for any advice on whether or not to run away or to counter.

LS_401030_4350256.jpg

LS_401030_4350265.jpg

LS_401030_4350266.jpg

LS_401030_4350267.jpg

LS_401030_4350268.jpg

Id rather buy something from the south or west coast on Ebay sight unseen and have it shipped than buy that truck. Screams im (litterally) trying to cover something up.......and that something appears to be horrific rust. Even if I was going to buy something rusty I would atleast want to be able to SEE how bad it is. No dice on that rig, run away!

I’d be at $1500 And that would be a stretch. I would only buy it for parts. It is probably dangerous to drive a vehicle in that condition.

I’d be at $1500 And that would be a stretch. I would only buy it for parts. It is probably dangerous to drive a vehicle in that condition.

Complete ignorance on parts rigs, but really only worth $1,500. Would have thought the engine alone would be worth that much with under 100k miles.

A lot of people here saying to run fast. Just curious if everyone saying to run has experience with rusty 100s? If so, what exactly were the negatives?

It seems people have been driving rusty vehicles forever and rust is not a big deal assuming things aren’t falling apart under there. Eventually things will fall apart but that can take many years?

Genuinely curious. Here in PNW there is almost zero rust on cars.

My thoughts are you can buy a rusty vehicle drive 5 years and not even know it had a rusty underside unless a mechanic says something. What do you anticipate happening to this LC in the next 5 years that are caused by rust?

Last edited:
Rust is blown out of proportion on this forum, i've seen trucks come into my shop flaking and literally falling apart yet when i test drove it, it drove fine. The rig in this ad might be rusty but i don't see any holes in the frames so it'll be good for awhile. Price is too high tho at that condition.

Runs
Until
Something
Turns to dust

Id rather buy something from the south or west coast on Ebay sight unseen and have it shipped than buy that truck. Screams im (litterally) trying to cover something up.......and that something appears to be horrific rust. Even if I was going to buy something rusty I would atleast want to be able to SEE how bad it is. No dice on that rig, run away!

On you with that but how do you know the motor is running strong - sight unseen?

On you with that but how do you know the motor is running strong - sight unseen?

You dont......but Id rather take my chances with a motor thats known to be a "Million mile motor" than a frame replacement /rust repair/full repaint. I can turn wrenches......I have no clue how to do body work.

If the seller is really serious a pre purchase inspection but an indy shop or the dealer shouldnt be a big deal for the mechanicals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom