craigslist 2006 LC with 165K miles @ $13K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do note that the Craigslist ad says REBUILT TITLE.

and you can see just from eyeballing the low-res Craigslist pics that whoever did the repair work on the nose did a real hack job. Terrible gaps on the hood, front fenders, and a-pillar door-fender gap. This vehicle is a nice year/color/mileage for the price. But keep in mind that the price is what it is because it was in a pretty serious accident involving its front end...likely more serious than the language in this Craigslist ad lets on...if the terrible panel gaps are any indication. For a visual of what an even "mild' collision like this does to internal alignment of components, consider the photos on this similarly damaged 100, for sale in LA: Land Cruiser

also note the TIGHTNESS of the drivers-side B-pillar gap between the front and back doors. The closure of this gap indicates that the entire A PILLAR...where the driver door bolts on, has been moved back some millimeters. That's my unprofessional assessment, but it's the kind of frame/structural damage that I'm not interested in just to save a few dollars.

I noted it was rebuilt in my post above. It's in the ad, but he conveniently left it to the end of course.

It's a late run 100 with the engine upgrades for under $13k. Someone will buy this and get 100K miles out of it even with uneven body gaps that only perfectionists would notice. This is definitely not the truck for the collector or someone building a showcase trail rig (or maybe it is? probably would need to see in person and run the carfax), but someone could keep this 15 years as a third vehicle. Thats how I use my cosmetically imperfect 80 and it's awesome to own and in it's role as the third vehicle/weekend cruiser.

IF someone wanted it just to built as off road rig, I think it's a good deal. Who else have a 2006 built that they wouldnt mind getting scratched and dented....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom