For Sale 2006 Land Cruiser NYC suburbs 100k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is my 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser UZJ100. Price is $19,500.

Mileage:

Exterior:
Silver metallic

Interior:
Gray leather

Options:
-Navigation system
-Moonroof
-6 CD changer
-Third row seats
-2" hitch receiver
-Weathertech mats
-AHC suspension

90k service completed including timing belt. New brakes recently. This is my second Land Cruiser, and I am going to miss it. I am selling it to trade down to a late-model Suburban. Now that we have 3 kids, the Chevy will give us room for them plus all the stuff my wife packs for them on long trips.

This LC started out in Arizona, and I brought it back to NY in 2010. I am the third owner. I bought it from Mud's own LandCruiserPhil, who bought it from the original owner. She used it as a Mall Cruiser in Phoenix. It has pretty much every option except the rear DVD player. Overall the truck is very clean. No body rust. Always adult owned and driven, nonsmoker. It had 64k when I bought it. Dealer serviced for the first 4 years and 64k. (A Toyota dealer can look them up and print them; I had a stack but they haven't turned up since I moved last fall). I have gotten all service done at my independent shop, CIM Motorsports, including synthetic oil changes every 5k.

The suspension has become bouncy, and it probably needs rear shocks. I have not replaced them, since I planned to sell the truck. Some would troubleshoot and fix the AHC system, and others (including myself) would just switch the whole system over to decent conventional shocks. It's perfectly drivable, but I have to advise the buyer to address this after purchase, as any suspension issue can adversely affect handling.

There is a small dent in the right rear pillar, which is visible in one of the photos. Also a couple of little scrapes and dings you'd expect from an 8-year-old truck. No other problems I know of. This is a great deal for someone who wants to buy a clean, well-maintained truck at a low price and switch to conventional suspension.

Ready to sell anytime. Clean NY title in hand. Truck is about 45 minutes northwest of NYC. PM me with questions or to set up a time to see it.

DSC_0591 copy.jpg
DSC_0586 copy.jpg
DSC_0599 copy.jpg
DSC_0612 copy.jpg
DSC_0615 copy.jpg

Wow. Great deal!

Interested. Can you speak more to the suspension issues? Is the AHC failing, or does it just need new shocks? Is this ready to be driven cross country, or should it be shipped on a flat bed to its new owner?

Interested. Can you speak more to the suspension issues? Is the AHC failing, or does it just need new shocks? Is this ready to be driven cross country, or should it be shipped on a flat bed to its new owner?

It is drivable, locally, but I would not recommend a long XC trip until this is addressed. Shipping would be a good option if some has a local shop or the tools and knowledge to fix it himself.

I don't know what all will be involved in getting the AHC restored to perfect working order. I suspect the problem lies with the rear shocks, but it could also be the accumulator. That would be a more expensive fix. I don't like selling anything with a known mechanical deficiency. Notwithstanding this one problem, I have been as meticulous with this LC's maintenance as I am with my Porsche. However, in this case, I think it is better for me to ask a lower price and give the buyer the flexibility to do whatever he wants. It would be reasonable to repair the AHC, especially if it is just one or two shocks. Others, like me, would rather convert to a conventional suspension.

Anyone looking at the truck is welcome to get it inspected, but at this price there is little room for a long list of gold-plated repair estimates to bring the price lower.

Still interested - unless Phil's already bought it back?

I'll contact one of the suspension shops Monday am to get an idea of what I'd be looking at to replace the AHC with a conventional suspension. I'm looking into shipping quotes now.

I'm assuming this rig originally came with an oem rack and the mounting holes are intact. Is this correct? My plan would be to mount a Front Runner Slimline II immediately.

Also, can you take another shot of the dent on the rear pillar? Is it up high near the air dam in the second pic? ...and what's your honest assesment of the rust on the undercarriage?

Thanks much,
.matthew

The truck is still available, although I now have multiple serious inquiries. PM me if you are interested. For those who have contacted me, I will return PM's within the hour.

As requested, I have attached some photos of the undercarriage and the dent in the pillar. I think the oily stuff in the undercarriage photos is overspray of ArmorAll (or whatever the detailers used). There is no evidence of fluid leakage.

I drove the truck a few miles yesterday, and have an update on the suspension. It seems the front shocks are actually frozen. I know I mentioned the rear shocks above, but they seem fine. This is a big difference, but this little gremlin has been intermittent, and, as is always the case, I could never get it to act up when I took it to the shop. So my mechanic gets a pass on this. Thus far all I have done to troubleshoot the problem is to flush the system a month or two ago.

The suspension problem is now more constant. At this point I would allow a short local test drive (with a shared understanding of the risks) but would not sell it to anyone planning a long drive. The problem is readily fixable (one way or the other) and should not deter anyone who wants an otherwise clean later model 100-series.

pillar dent.jpg
DSC_0636 copy.jpg
DSC_0637 copy.jpg
DSC_0638 copy.jpg
DSC_0639 copy.jpg

Still interested. I'm trying decide if it would be better to have it shipped home to Portland, or directly to Christo or Kurt for AHC removal, suspension upgrade, sliders, etc.

SOLD!

Thanks to everyone for looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom