Builds 2005 Sequoia Limited Build Thread

Love the switch panel. Are you selling these yet? How do I go about getting one?

edi

Awesome. Thanks for sharing man. I was thinking of putting these lights on my car. They are also great back up in case your head lights suddenly go out. I would also like to hear the sound of your sequoia with the new exhaust. Do you have a video?

Couple questions for ya if you don’t mind. I lifted my 07 recently with just adjustable bilstien on the front and 2862 coils/longer shocks on the rear.

Getting some clanging noises from the front during bumps and cracks in the road. Any thoughts? You did some great work on your lift!

Also, how does one do the chrome delete? Thanks!

Couple questions for ya if you don’t mind. I lifted my 07 recently with just adjustable bilstien on the front and 2862 coils/longer shocks on the rear.

Getting some clanging noises from the front during bumps and cracks in the road. Any thoughts? You did some great work on your lift!

Also, how does one do the chrome delete? Thanks!
Sway bar end links maybe. Tie rods, dust shields, upper/lower ball joint, need to check for play in all these components. I just plastidipped my chrome and removed badges I didn't want. Thanks for checking out the thread

Got bored again and redid the exhaust. 2 Flowmaster FX turned down before the rear axle. Welded to the original flanges for easy removal. unfortunatly they didn't have enough stainless so had to use some crap that will probably rust, but will give me something to do again in a few years.

20211111_093507.jpg

20211111_093522.jpg

07Quoia

travl_with_purpose
Got bored again and redid the exhaust. 2 Flowmaster FX turned down before the rear axle. Welded to the original flanges for easy removal. unfortunatly they didn't have enough stainless so had to use some crap that will probably rust, but will give me something to do again in a few years.

View attachment 2836135

View attachment 2836136
Looks good... Last time I did dumps before rear axle was for a 91 Coupe Foxbody - ha, ha.. are you getting any of that annoying droning noise?

Yeah there's some drone for sure, but nothing terrible. I had it straight piped for a week or so and then y piped into one muffler with the stock resinator and now this. One muffler with resinator was the quietest of the 3, but it felt like I lost power with forcing into one muffler, feels more free now. It's not a daily driver so I don't mind the noise.

Really enjoyed the build quality in this thread. I just picked up my first Sequoia. I keep asking myself where it's been all my life LOL. I am working on mild upgrades and getting it lined out mechanically with some simple stuff (CATS were stolen, timing belt done, etc...) Then I'll start with some other fun stuff. Man, these are just so well built from Toyota. I'll never go back to GMC or Ford again....and I never thought I'd say that LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom