2005 GX 470 OBD II Pinout (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chiming in. I was struggling with this on my 05 GX470 after doing both front and rear suspension replacement (Icon). The shop that did the install pulled the TEMS fuse (fuse 51 - Electronic modulated suspension). I had all three lights on, both VSC lights and the slip light (no check engine light). I followed the instructions for the manual ZPC with the TEMS fuse still pulled and it didn’t work. Only after replacing the TEMS fuse could I get the three lights to go off and reactivate the DAC feature. But just like Dharma Dude my ride height status is lit up, and the ‘off’ indicator is blinking. My next move is to pull the bulb for the ride height. Truth be told, I’ll ask the shop that put on the suspension to pull it. They offered to pull the bulbs for the other lights. (VSCs, and slip) - but I wanted the issue fixed, not just out of sight.
One more bit of detail that may help someone. The shop that put on my ICON components did not leave any of the connectors from the OEM suspension on the car. I say this because I have seen YouTube videos recommending that.

its 4 and 12 for the GX470 to do the ZPC.... my port is mounted upside down from this picture as i assume they all are and doing the manual method with the fuses pulled turned all lights off

View attachment 1573704

.A. Clear the zero point calibration data.

(1) Turn the ignition switch off.

(2) Check that the steering wheel is centered.

(3) Check that the shift lever is in P.

(4) Turn the ignition switch to ON.

(5) The ABS warning light and slip indicator light come on for 3 seconds to indicate that the initial check is completed.

(6) Using SST, connect and disconnect terminals 12 (TS) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3 4 times or more within 8 seconds.

(7) Check that the slip indicator light comes on.

This clears the old data points now you are ready to perform the
zero point calibration of the yaw rate and acceleration sensor.

(1) Turn the ignition switch off.

(2) Check that the steering wheel is centered.

(3) Check that the shift lever is in P.

(4) Using SST, connect terminals 12 (TS) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.... keep them connected during the entire procedure.

(5) Turn the ignition switch to ON.

(6) Keep the vehicle stationary on a level surface for 5 seconds or more.

(7) Check that the slip indicator light comes on for several seconds and then blink in the test mode pattern (0.125 seconds on and 0.125 seconds off).

Dont touch anything...now you have to calibrate the Downhill Assist Control.

(1) Turn the downhill assist control switch on.

(2) check that the downhill assist control indicator light is blinking.

(3) Turn the downhill assist control switch off.

(4) Turn the ignition switch off and disconnect SST from the DLC3.

(5) Drive the vehicle straight ahead at 40 km/h (25 mph) or more for at least 10 seconds.

you are done....the hardest part for me was finding a place where i could do the procedure and then drive straight for 10 seconds above 25mph..... my lights went off after a couple minutes of driving.
These directions worked perfectly. A slow count to 10 driving at 35 or so takes a block or two max. I was able to get almost a minute driving just above 30 and the lights cleared and after several drive cycles and an off road session they have stayed off.

Nate

Hi guys. I know this is an old thread but I’m trying to reset my lights as well. I have a 2004 Lexus GX 470. I followed everything in the procedure and it didn’t work. However, one thing I did not do with disconnect my battery before trying to. It’s been a long day and I’m exhausted. Did you guys disconnect your battery before you proceed with the procedure?

These directions worked perfectly. A slow count to 10 driving at 35 or so takes a block or two max. I was able to get almost a minute driving just above 30 and the lights cleared and after several drive cycles and an off road session they have stayed off.

Nate
Did you disconnect your battery for five minutes before you try the procedure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom