2004 Tacoma DC LTD TRD Offroad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awe got me I thought it looked short cuz of the for sale sign. Sorry Jamie. I will up my Craigslist searches for you

I like that camper option.

But what I really want to know is did the girl from CO that was at the meet and greet buy your tundra?

:hillbilly:

But what I really want to know is did the girl from CO that was at the meet and greet buy your tundra?

:hillbilly:

Well . . . actually . . . .her husband bought it . . . . she was just there to . . . .OMG!! :)

Bought a camper shell. Pick it up Saturday. Will take pics then.

Swapped in a Toyota thermostat and am running 190-195 max now vs 202-212 - so weird, little jiggle valve made the difference. Flushing with water, swapping in mixed Long Life when the truck cools down tonight.

Ah, I was wondering about the Tundra - congrats, Jamie! That worked out nicely. And also nice find on the Taco, should be quite a bit more pliable around town....

Drove the Tacoma to work. It was like driving a FJ60 with no shocks - it was all over the place. Could be steel belts in tires going . .who knows. I don't remember this at the test drive. I must have been chewing too much Redman or just "glamoured" by the cleanliness.

New KO2's 32" tires are in at Costco.

Final lift:

Front: Bistein 6112 - trying to stay around 1.5" lift (setting at 1 and 2)
Rear: OME Dakar's with the Toytec Boss rear shocks. With topper, hoping to be right at 2" lift max.

Hate working at stock height underneath anyway. :)

Well . . . actually . . . .her husband bought it . . . . she was just there to . . . .OMG!! :)

So many questions about her... must have left quite the impression on everyone.. LOL

Love that model dual cab... only bad thing yota did was not option a manual in it... only the single and extended for some reason.

Rock crawling with new tires and old wheels.
20180720_194947.jpg

@weejub That’s hawt!! Those are some of my favorite wheels

Lift installed and alignment by my good friends at Sanders Auto (Mark Sanders). Drives wonderful - reminds me of the Tundra now :)
  • Bilstein 6112 front coils
  • OME Rear Med Leaf Pack with Toytec Boss Rear Shocks

Supposed to be about 1.7" in front and 2.3" in the back. Little taller right now with new stuff on it, likely.

20180822_191047.jpg

Thx, @jfz80 !

Had to have some help on that lift install - the list for the two vehicles is too long! :)

Other stuff I have done on the Tacoma in the last few weeks:

• Drain/fill on the front diff, finally
  • Poorly installed a new Pioneer low-end double din :)
  • Finished flush and fill of new Toyota coolant

The To-Do on the Tacoma includes the following:

• New spark plugs and wires
  • Install back-up cam and fix the radio so I don't need parking break on to do Bluetooth, etc.
  • Re-install topper with correct gasket-like-thing under it

Maybe, when I get the money, someday, redo the roof rack with something else.
Maybe do some sliders, but hopefully not. That would mean some shift in momentum on getting the LX ready for off-roading.

So whens the SAS coming :D

So whens the SAS coming :D

SA is on the 97 LX450.

When are the Harrop's coming is the better question! :) Prolly a long time :)

How about this . . . .

I will challenge you to a dual of who can go the most places in our trucks in NC. If you can go somewhere that I can't in one of my trucks, then I owe you $20.

If I can go places you can't go, because your truck is still in the shop, then you give me $5 for each time you can't go to the trail. Club events, staring with Logan's Run - Beaches excluded!!

This is a good bet for you as I have two jobs . .but I also have two trucks and Prius LOL.

89e97554-ffc2-4662-9ea9-aa88f121c60b.jpg

Last edited:
Started a meager "use what I have" dual battery system for the Tacoma the last few weeks.

Even though this battery is the same group size, it is smaller than "normal." I am going to put in some black polyethylene cutting board trim to fill the gap. Will then screw in my loose terminal to it (floating right now, but not going anywhere).

More to come on the dual battery. Basically going to take out our rear seats for a permanent fridge set up.

20181229_160843.jpg

Got the topper up on some saw horses. Going to remove the old rack (both bike rack and roof rack) and then install a rack that can hold a spare tire, hi-lift, shovel and maybe a container to hold all my recovery gear.

20181229_160633.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom