2002+ window switch on 2000 Land Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently replaced my right rear door on my 2000 100 Series as it had body damage. The replacement door is from a 2002(?) Cruiser. Both wire looms plugged in perfectly at the door hinge. The speaker in the new door works, as does the courtesy light and the power lock. The problem is the window switch connector, which is a different shape.

Inside the door card, the window switch on the replacement door has more pins than my old switch had (12 vs 5, photos below). I got a 12-pin switch off eBay, but was unsuccessful in getting the window to respond, either from the driver's switch or from the eBay switch when plugged in. I am getting 12V at some of the pins so I the wiring seems good. Is it possible to integrate a new-style switch? Or can I rig up a wiring harness converter? Thoughts?

Original switch, does not fit replacement door: 84810-60050

tempImagey2XTpS.jpg

New switch, which plugs into the replacement door: 84030-60060

tempImage84ya4V.png

Any electrical whizzes out there? Maybe someone with a wiring diagram for the 2000? (Assuming the 2004 from the FSM is the same as for the 2002 door.)

I believe the newer vehicles have all the windows function with auto up and down instead of the press and hold type. Since your drivers door is the master controller that might be the issue. Let me do some digging to find my 2000 wiring book and I’ll post some relevant pages.

Resurrecting this thread! Thanks to awesomeissquid and comparing to a more recent FSM the whole window signaling system is totally different. Not just a matter of a different switch connector.

I am finally back to working on this project. I'm swapping the motor and in-door wiring from the old door to the new door. Since the speaker, courtesy light, and door locks all work on the new door, and only the window doesn't, I think this should work, as the wiring will be identical except for the window motor.

I have everything removed EXCEPT the plug that goes to the power door lock. I have no idea how to remove this and despite all the photos I have taken in the tiny confied space I can't determine whether there is a lever or clip or what to remove the plug. Any ideas??

tempImageSwSkwS.png

tempImagexaWoCo.png

tempImagewXK7Hz.png

There is a tab I've outlined in yellow. You need to squeeze that tab in to unplug the connector.
tempImagewXK7Hz.png

@Jeremy9A thanks (4 months later!) much for your helpful reply.

This saga is finally over. I ended up moving the wiring harness and window motor from the 2000 door to the replacement door, and I finally have a working window. And an installed door card after living with a bare interior door for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom