2002 w/ Nav - Aux Input? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So both of these will just replace the tape input? Won't have to lose the DVD changer correct?

GROM uses the changer connector, but one of their toyota products - appears to be new since my shopping - sea it maintains that function.

I just installed an ipod interface in my '03. It piggybacks on the cd-changer plug on the back of the radio and shows up as a MiniDisc Changer. Choosing disc 8 will let you use the iPod to select what you want to play -- or use pandora if you have an iPhone. I have an older iPod so the 20 pin connector worked perfectly, but there are reviews that say it will adapt to the new phones/pods as well. The dvd-changer still works perfectly, pressing the disc button on the dash will switch between them.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NVCJMS/?tag=ihco-20

Works great! I had a hard-wired FM modulator in there before and this is WAY better in the sound department. And the fact that you can skip songs using the steering wheel controls is a nice perk.

Last edited:
MoLS - great, thanks. So, it looks to me like I could plug in the iPod and a Sirius receiver simultaneously if I am reading the Amazon description correctly. Have you tried this? Can you leave two sources plugged in at once?

Great. Even if there were interference between the two devices it would be easy enough to turn one or the other off. I just wouldn't want to have to reset DIP switches on the unit every time I switched sources. Think I may order one this afternoon. Appreciate the help.

Okay - here's the hangup though. Crutchfield's install notes indicate that it will NOT work in the '02 Landcruiser with Nav. Can anyone verify if this is correct or not?

I would assume it should work fine as long as you have a 6-disc changer.

Grab one from a place with a good return policy. I think it would take you ~10-15 minutes to get it plugged in to test it. Routing the wires will take a little longer, I ended up routing them through the ashtray after dremeling out the back and front of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom