For Sale 2001 LC100, TX - $9,600 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NEW ASKING PRICE $9,600

This was on the market back in February. I got lazy and decided to keep it for Sunday drives rather than go through the sales process. With 3 cars, this rarely gets driven and I believe a LC maintained like this one should be in the hands of someone who will drive and enjoy it.

BACKGROUND
I am the third owner. The first owner was a local businessman here in West Texas, he owned it from new until 2016, in which time he put 190k miles on it. It was serviced religiously by our dealership, of which I have records. In 2016, it was purchased by my General Manager (I work for Toyota) and it mostly sat in his garage and was driven on the weekends. When we got to talking about it, I made him an offer and told him how badly I wanted it, so he sold it to me last year with 196k miles on it. The vehicle has been garage parked it’s entire life until 3 months ago when I moved out of our house.

SERVICE HISTORY
All service has been done by our dealership, and all modifications were done by my GM by a local aftermarket shop. Physical copies of service records will come with the vehicle, starting at 64k (that's as far back as our system allows us to print due to the dates). I cannot send or give physical or electronic copies of the service records until you have purchased the vehicle. They have previous owner info on them and it is against company policy.

I’m going to skip the small stuff like oil changes and such because I’m not going to re-type 50 pages of history. I’ll hit the high spots. Oil changes and tire rotations have been done regularly.

89k - timing belt and water pump changed
101k - front and rear brakes done, new serp belt
126k - spark plugs, brake, steering, and coolant fluids all changed. New driveshafts installed due to driveline clunk
146k - new coolant hoses
166k - timing belt and water pump changed again. New cooling fan and bearing, new radiator, new serp belt
177k - new front CV axles both sides, spark plugs, both valve cover gaskets replaced, front/rear diff and transfer case fluids changed
178k - re-did front axle seals due to leak
184k - new fan clutch
186k - upper radiator hose leaking, replaced
192k - replaced front seat belts with brand new Toyota parts, replaced any interior trim piece that was damaged, new hood and trunk supports, and sent steering wheel off to be re-covered in leather (hand stitched)
193k - new front wheel bearings both sides, removed driveshafts and re-greased and verified balance. Replaced A/C compressor, A/C clutch, and receiver dryer assembly. Vac and recharge of freon
194k - installed new 285 BFG KO2s, alignment
195k - replaced radiator and more interior panel and trim pieces that were starting to come loose
195k - replaced throttle body motor
196k - found small leak in radiator, pulled and replaced with new one under parts warranty, new gaskets and hoses and coolant
200k - brake fluid drain, fill, and bleed. replaced rack and pinion with brand new Toyota unit, new inner tie rods, one new outer tie rod that had a cracked boot. New spark plugs.

MODS
  • PO had a new sound system installed. Head unit is a flip-out custom installed in the dash below the factory screen. I was told that Focal speakers were used in the doors, 6” sub in the rear, all driven by a small amp installed in the back. I was also told by someone familiar with the installer that the total bill was around $6100. I have not pulled the door panels to see what model speakers were used. I can tell you they sound very, very good. I'm going to miss this sound system.
  • PO replaced the side mirrors with an aftermarket model with turn signals integrated behind the glass. Glass shakes now, I have not repaired or replaced.
  • 285 BFG AT KO2s with 9k miles on them.
  • All lights were converted to LED. Done professionally and with in-line resistors to prevent rapid flash. ALL lights - headlights included.
  • Yakima cross bars
THE BAD
  • Both side mirror glasses shake. We’ve tried to fix it, it can’t be. It’s the aftermarket deal and it would need to be replaced or repaired, or just deal with it like I have been - never bothered me enough.
  • The power antenna broke when my wife took it through a car wash and forgot to lower it. I replaced it with a stubby but it is not wired in because I do not listen to the radio.
  • The windshield has 2 or 3 small chips. All of them have been filled and did not spread.
  • There’s a fog light bulb burned out.

Updated asking price is $9,600 obo. Vehicle is sold as is, it does have a fresh oil change and tire rotation, and I’m going to install new brakes on it. I can fix anything or do any work to it that you'd like at my cost before delivery, as well.
2D1DFCA9-596D-4AD9-9FA0-D70D5A82DF9E.jpg

8E91136D-C8D2-4592-9483-34BF39851005.jpg

9BC4B8B7-DD69-408E-AE32-58B676E37151.jpg

829C2D12-189F-413E-8C4C-3FAFEDEB16CC.jpg

1. 978ABF65-6D19-4F22-A607-F6A3AD738C11.jpg

Last edited:
Updated asking price to $10,800 obo. Open to offers. Sorry for the delay in photos - the wife is out of town this week so I'm playing single parent.

Last edited:
Is the truck still for sale? Still plan to add additional pictures? Would like interior and undercarriage pics. Thanks.

Completely updated the original post and added new photos. Dropped asking price to $10,800 obo

Last edited:
under carriage shows mild surface rust on exhaust and that's it. just came from detail - wet spots are water, not leaks :)

0F83CFFC-1757-4029-99E0-06F4329C56A7.jpg

1A9BB5DC-227A-4AA8-A865-130A9261782F.jpg

6C83F47B-EF23-47F8-8C3D-F2B88FD2FD9F.jpg

08AA8559-07AC-439A-AC07-D79C9198B661.jpg

4285F6A7-C3B5-41BC-8DE3-C898284C3672.jpg

Last edited:
I failed to mention: the jump seats are included and are in like-new condition. I took them out the day I purchased it and put them in storage.

Lowered to $9,600. I would like to sell this before school starts back and things get hectic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom