2000 non nav into 2004 nav ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't know a lot about these swaps. So a local pick n pull has a 2000 LX with non-nav factory system. I was curious if this will work as a replacement for my 04 nav ? I think @jerryb is one of the experts in this area ?

Edit: looks like @pfran42 also has extensive experience working with these units.

Edit again: the 2000 has the non knob climate control.

Last edited:
it's been asked before. txsundevil and I agree it wouldn't fit. But there's no proof. There's more than 150 wires to deal with, more than 205 wire positions. That by itself makes me say I wouldn't try. Everything is possible though with enough time and money. The ac amplifier iterations would make me leery, as does the airbag controller checks.

I considered it, but the amount of wiring in there is extensive, and not worth the effort IMO. I just went for the tesla screen and called it a day. Less money and less work.

Which one did you get? Link?
Phoenix automotive one. They run frequent discounts as well. Only real complaints are the side vents dont fit perfectly (may be an error on my part), steering wheel controls don't work (most mud users have had them successful so may just be an error on my end as well) and backup camera doesn't work on any of the units (6v camera and a 12v input on the screen). Overall happy with it.

Phoenix automotive one. They run frequent discounts as well. Only real complaints are the side vents dont fit perfectly (may be an error on my part), steering wheel controls don't work (most mud users have had them successful so may just be an error on my end as well) and backup camera doesn't work on any of the units (6v camera and a 12v input on the screen). Overall happy with it.

Just visited their web site. They don't have any listing for LX. Did you get the model for Land Cruiser?

Edit: Found it using search. Their model listing doesn't include LX.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom