Help with weird nav issue (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About a month ago I started running into a weird issue with my nav unit. I will start the car and the nav unit will be black for the map, destination, backup camera and DVD screen (used for my Grom). The climate and info screens work as expected.

If I disconnect the battery and wait a bit when I restart the car the unit does a “rebooting” and then all of the screens are back and working as expected. I thought maybe it might be a battery issue but I just replaced it about 2 weeks ago and it’s still happening. It seems to happen only when I don’t drive it for a couple of days.

Any ideas here? Driving me mad.

Bump.

It just happened again, was fine since my last message. Went and got groceries and when I got back in and turned it over it had all the same symptom.

I was thinking maybe it’s bad nav fuse issue? Not to sure how to access the interior fuse box though

Also when I turn it over when it has this problem it seems like it is having a softer than usual start but that might just all be in my head.

Any ideas please hit me with them I would love to give it a try.

I'm guessing the Nav Gateway might be going bad. You could pull the head unit, and the Passenger seat where the GateWay is and inspect the harness for wear, and simply unplug the H/U and gateway for the night to drain the capacitors.

I have zero experience with this, but just going off what others have posted. These trucks aren't new, it may be on it's last leg and nothing will revive it.

I'm guessing the Nav Gateway might be going bad. You could pull the head unit, and the Passenger seat where the GateWay is and inspect the harness for wear, and simply unplug the H/U and gateway for the night to drain the capacitors.

I have zero experience with this, but just going off what others have posted. These trucks aren't new, it may be on it's last leg and nothing will revive it.
Will give it a try tonight. The nav gateway also controls the backup camera?

Update for anyone following - I contacted Grom and they said that they have seen familiar behavior and it might be related to the firmware.

They said during the chip shortage they made a change to the hardware that cause similar behaviors as mine. They sent me a new firmware which I just updated and we will see what happens now.

Thought you said you disconnected the GROM and tried things? 🧐

Hope the firmware update works. I changed my BT3 from a VW firmware to a Toyota firmware and it was mostly painless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom