2000 LC, normal idle speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the normal idle speed, warm engine, a) in Park, and b) in Drive with the brakes on?

My battery died while replacing the headlight. Once the battery was recharged the LC would not idle at all. It drove fine but when I took my foot off the accelorator the engine would immediately die.

I reset the computer sytem by unhooking the battery for a few minutes. When at a stop, the engine will now maintain idle speed without keeping the accelorator pressed.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but the idle speed seems much lower compared to before. When stopped (but in drive, warm engine), the idle speed is around 200 to 250 rpm.

Thanks

Mine was idling around 520 this past week when it would die right after starting and not idle. While I was changing valve cover gasket I got some throttle body cleaner...and soaked the butterfly valve and inlet area really good. Wiped it all out and soaked it again and got a toothbrush in there to scrub everything from valve, inlet mouth and around edges of valve and hinge area. Wiped it down...and then sprayed it good again...let sit and wiped down last time...it was pretty clean now and all the dark brown stuff around edges and on mouth were gone. Was a little hard to start with all the cleaning fluid in there but after a little smoking....idle reset and was around 1000...over next two days it adjusted itself back down to where it needed and is now around 650-700 at idle when warm. No more problem with low idle or dying on me on idle......all is good.

2x on Brock, you definitely need to clean the throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom