2000 LC maintenance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2000 LC with 83000 miles. The Toyota dealer just informed me that I have a cracked manifold. After the thought of having to pay for this I realized that this may be covered since it is a Certified vehicle. It is covered thank goodness, but my question is when I have this work performed should I get the water pump and belts replaced as well ? Maybe I would wait until 90miles plus before having the work done since the vehicle is certified up to 100K miles. Any info provided would be most appreciated.

RTyson-In-Missouri

No advantage to having them done at the same time unless you hate to have two trips to the dealer. No great advantage in waiting either as it's only 7K miles till you need to get it done . Check the dealer's service ads. They are advertising $325 timing belt changes here.

Water pump should be inspected when the T-belt is off and whether it should be replaced if no signs of failure are evident is mostly about the owners philosophy of vehicle maintenece. I lean towards the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp. I fgure if it goes out at 150K I'll just replace the next T-belt a little sooner.

Thanks for the information. My thought was that having the water-pump and belts replaced at the same time as the work on the cracked manifold would cost less for labor.

My maintenance philosophy is somewhat the same as yours. I tend to go beyond the recommended schedule which I believe is a conservative schedule.
I would not wait until it broke but I sure would roll the dice and wait until the latest possible time 'in my mind'.

Thanks

RTyson-In-Missouri

weld it

I had the dealer quote me about 1K for the mfold crack. A good welder charged me two hours -- 150 bucks -- and it's been fine for 20K miles!

Superdosser--I'm guessing your welder repaired the manifold while it was still on the vehicle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom