2000 4runner no start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for direction. 2000 4runner 3.4 auto 4x4. Put some questionable gas with stabil in it in the tank. 5 gallons of the questionable gas on top of just under 1/2 tank. Next morning come out start it up it runs about 1 min normally then shuts off. Not like dies or chugs or anything like that. Shuts off as if the key were turned off. I figured great I've plugged something up with the questionable gas. Pumped tank empty, new filter, added 5 gallons fresh gas with some Lucas. Also pumped through injector rail to be sure lines were cleared. I have 45-50 psi fuel pressure I have spark, compression, no codes, verified timing marks all good and it will not start. Will run on starting fluid. Does soak the plugs with gas after cranking all the plugs not just a few are wet with gasoline. I thought well maybe injectors are gummed up so I borrowed 3 from a friend and swapped the 3 on the passenger side as I haven't removed the plenum yet. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Update, pulled plenum pulled drivers side injector rail reconnected with injectors out. All spray through the first few revolutions then stop. Does this consistently. No matter how many times you crank it the Injectors only fire a few times in the beginning of a cranking cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom