200 series suspension upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I’m looking to replace my stock suspension on a 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser. I’m going with icon with total chaos upper control arms! Does anybody have a detailed list of the tools I will need to get this project done!? Thanks
Video links are appreciated as well!

Thanks! I no appreciate it!! I am familiar with this video! Still wish I had an inventory of all tools and bushing that I know I’m going to need.

I’d say in general the idea is anyone attempting this level of work already has access to an extensive tool set that will cover all of the bases. Plus there are many ways to go about doing the same work.

As it is the year of vehicle will impact whether the KDSS balance screws are 5mm Allen or 8mm hex.

I will say you need a torque wrench capable of 225ft-lb. Beyond that a well-stocked metric kit should have anything needed.

I think it will help for people to know your skill level and a basic understanding of the tools you have.

There are a few things a basic handy dude/guy/girl/dad might not have in their normal tool set. But if you’ve done moderate to Adv wrenching on cars then you will prob be good.

Only things I needed was some of the larger spanner wrenches and a good long pry bar. A decent impact wrench will make life easier too.

Some of the nuts that need the high torque values are hard to reach and likely are done at the factory with special adapters and customs sockets. For those I went good and tight and then as hard as I could without blowing a brain blood vessel.

You are gonna need so many tools and people gonna do things a little differently that I wouldn’t rely on one persons list to work for everyone.

You need a couple car jacks. Good jack stands. The above mentioned tools and a basic mechanics metric tool set. And you figure it out as you go along.

The rear upper shock nut is a fun one because of restricted access (I live in rust country and have had to cut several off with a reciprocating saw and a metal cutting blade), getting the four nuts off the top of the front strut involved various sockets, big hammer for popping the ball joints, ratchet straps and a long prybar for aligning the front sway bar and panhard bar (if you take it off). The long bolt for the UCA (and the top nut of the rear shock if it moves) are easier if you have the large sizes of ratcheting spanner - I thiink I used 19/22 mm when I installed my Kings, but I have every size from 8-24 (lots of other uses for the common sized ratcheting spanners too - the flex head ones are my favorite).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom