200 series LC rear drawers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most here have only owned one or the other.

Here are my ARBs:

(Not pictured are the two side fit kits and the MASIVE amount of larger items I stash in them)

C2723601-FABA-40EB-9D34-878115E83BED.jpeg

3F2BE28A-4B3C-4277-90D7-15BCA133ED5D.jpeg
2E3135B2-575D-43B3-8879-458770D90146.jpeg

Highly recommended.

awesome pics, how are you attaching everything to the back of the drawers? do you have some aux tailgate led lighting?

awesome pics, how are you attaching everything to the back of the drawers? do you have some aux tailgate led lighting?

ARB drawer covering is a perfect match for the hook side of Velcro. So the drawer becomes the loop side, and the attachments are the hook side.

And yes. I installed two less in the window sill of the hatch. Excellent, even lighting that shines without blinding your eyes since it sits behind the window frame when open.

Anybody have the frontrunner drawers? I don't know how the others connect, but the idea of having a strap connect into the stock connectors and being able to pull it out at a moment's notice to allow my dogs in the back is quite enticing. I'm a while away from actually needing drawers, though, myself, so I'm probably an outlier.

I have the Dobinsons and love them. One side is a slider, so no need to spend a bunch more money for a fridge slide. Easy install with excellent instructions. I had a bad experience with the shipper, but not Dobinson’s fault. They’re currently $1398 with free shipping on Amazon. I got a slightly better deal bthrough @crikeymike.

Anybody have the frontrunner drawers? I don't know how the others connect, but the idea of having a strap connect into the stock connectors and being able to pull it out at a moment's notice to allow my dogs in the back is quite enticing. I'm a while away from actually needing drawers, though, myself, so I'm probably an outlier.

@gaijin The other appeal of front runner drawers is that they’re a bit taller.

@gaijin The other appeal of front runner drawers is that they’re a bit taller.

If you want to sleep in the back as I often do...going taller might be a problem. If you don’t care about sleeping in back? Taller would be great.

To me though, the height of the ARB is good because beyond sleeping...it also leaves enough space to still haul largeritems when necessary. For example...even with my drawers I was recently still able to fit a clothes dryer. Literally with maybe 1mm to spare...but it’s nice to have the room if you don’t also own a pickup.

i will not be sleeping in the back, just need storge for tools etc. i need as much room as possible
for sporting equipment etc. Is it safe to assume that either dobinson or arb are pretty good units?

There are several threads on here about drawers, comparing features and price. If money is no object, you can get custom drawers made to exactly your design. Or you can build your own, if you have the skills, tools, and time.

I have the ARB drawers and absolutely love them. I'm working on a renovation project now at our camp so I'm hauling lots of tools, supplies, lumber, etc all the time, and the drawers have been fantastic to have. What amazes me is how rigid they are, even fully extended, fully loaded. It's also a great way to get a big flat area for long stuff, I don't have to tumble the 2nd row all the way up (which is a PITA). I've hauled drywall and plywood, and the drawers let me get everything out of the way.

I haven't seen the Dobinsons to compare quality, but it would actually bother me to have the drawers higher than the 2nd row seats with the backs folded down.

I have the Dobinson. The only real reason is because I had a $1000 amazon gift card. Shipping box was big, install as really easy. I used different mounting points from the instructions so that I didn't have to drill any additional holes. It works great and solid. No noise when driving down the road.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I’ll pull out a drawer and look. But I think for the rear (closest to the 2nd row) I used the 3rd row seat bolts. For the front was the furthest (closest to the tailgate) tie down holes. It offered the longest spacing for the drawers.

Notes for install for 2016+.. not sure if the pre-2016s are the same or not

Don’t push the drawers to far in, it get close to the interior panels near the 2nd row. Mine are closest to the tailgate that I could get and on the plastic floor trim a little bit. Put all the seat and tie down bolts back in there holes. I put some foam in the carpet cutouts, not sure if it did anything.

That’s all I can think of

Last edited:
@nebo do the wings come off easily to allow for storage under the fit kit?

Once you get the box centered.. the wings open and close easily. The only thing about mine since I pulled it as far forward as I could the net latches get in the way a little bit and I have to remove those first before accessing the wings. But mines a 2016 so I'm not sure if the pre-2016s are the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom