2 part poly foam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i want to make some molds of my amby doors and front doors before they rust out. i think that the foam would be the ticket. i need a couple gallons for this i fugure, but i have no idea where to get it. i guess i could look, but i thought maybe one of you guys would know

yeah, just you basic 2 part closed cell poly. i found a mairne supply place but they seem a little steep. any ideas what else i can use to make these molds?

You could use casting plaster, urethane foam that comes in a can or fiberglass/resin/bondo. Sounds like an interesting project.

yeah. i have some experience working with fiberglass but nothing this serious. built a small boat hull w/it and thats about it. i am thinking after i get the molds made, i might just take it to the boat shop and get them to do the spray glassing instead of laying the fibers. it depends. it would be decent tho and if i get the molds right, it would be alot cheaper than buying, and i could do carbon fiber for sh!ts and giggles.

RTV silicone makes some excellent molds as well. Don't know about cost on that kind of volume though, but it captures details very well.

just my 2¢,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom