1UZ-FE/2UZ-FE/3UZ-FE with manual transmission and Speeduino ECU. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update on ClutchXperts - they took 20% off my return on Ebay, and they are *STILL* claiming that an Exedy TYC715 fits a 2000-2004 Tundra. I've brought this to the attention of Ebay that these guys are fradulent. It's only $15, but it will be the best $15 they have ever spent in negative marketing. Ebay gave me a full refund, BTW.

Last edited:
Little update on the clutch disc.
This is a new clutch disc from a new ASIN clutch kit. You have to align it just right to get it on. I seem to recall this being a PITA the last time I replaced a clutch.

AsinH55Clutch.jpg

This is the Jeep clutch disc for comparison - lots more slack, and of course the square profile.

JeepClutch.jpg

I just got the KUPP STAGE 3 HD pressure plate/clutch kit for $94 from gripforceclutches. This is the same seller I got the MR2 pressure plate from.
350 HP / Torque Capacity: 328 ft/lbs. Unlike the nutjobs over a ClutchXperts, these guys sent the right clutch. It's considerably heavier than the one that was supposedly a stage 5 that I sent back. Pics.
It fits nicely like it should on the flywheel, slips right on the locating pins:
KuppPressurePlateFit.jpg

Measures what I would expect:
KuppHD3PlateMeas.jpg

The number on the plate.
KuppHD3-Number.jpg

Now for the interesting part, I am nearly certain I can pop the 6 rivets on the stock plate and this disc, redrill, add some spacers and either bolt/loctite it back on or rivet, and I will have a relatively inexpensive disc. It is interesting that the springs on the FJ60 disc appear to be thicker springs, so they probably dampen a little better than the unmolested Kupp Disc.

It's a nice disc, a little thin on the width as far as matching the friction surface, but at least it's nearly 10"
KuppHD3DiscPressPlate.jpg

The comparison of the two clutches. The far one is a new FJ60 disc.
KuppHDFJDisc.jpg

Great post. I'm working on my 1uz Swap now but I cant get past the bellhousing. Why you didn't use Dellow bellhousing and have you made you adaptor plate yet?

Now for the interesting part, I am nearly certain I can pop the 6 rivets on the stock plate and this disc, redrill, add some spacers and either bolt/loctite it back on or rivet, and I will have a relatively inexpensive disc. It is interesting that the springs on the FJ60 disc appear to be thicker springs, so they probably dampen a little better than the unmolested Kupp Disc.

It's a nice disc, a little thin on the width as far as matching the friction surface, but at least it's nearly 10"
View attachment 3269785
The comparison of the two clutches. The far one is a new FJ60 disc.
View attachment 3269786
I'm sure there are many clutch places that can re-rivet the disc, but if you're striking out, give a call to Kennedy Engineered Performance in California (Lancaster, CA I think is the town). Small, family owned outfit, and all they do is clutches & components for VW, sand rails, & Porsches. I have one of their 9" dual disc clutches in my sand rail and they've replaced the pucks for me twice over the life of my ownership of the car.

Great post. I'm working on my 1uz Swap now but I cant get past the bellhousing. Why you didn't use Dellow bellhousing and have you made you adaptor plate yet?
What are you trying to do? What transmission? The H44/H55? And haven't gone to Dellow because of other user's experiences (or lack thereof), and I don't know if that flywheel they have is stock. If it isn't, it may not be obtainable in the future. I have all the dimensions I need, I think, to get that built. I haven't built the adapter plate to from the W55 to the H55 yet, but I have accurate dimensions of everything I have so far. Please let me know if you pursue Dellow.

But if this thread is right: W55=W52, I already have a template for the W55 with one of the 3 W50s I have.

Last edited:
What are you trying to do? What transmission? The H44/H55? And haven't gone to Dellow because of other user's experiences (or lack thereof), and I don't know if that flywheel they have is stock. If it isn't, it may not be obtainable in the future. I have all the dimensions I need, I think, to get that built. I haven't built the adapter plate to from the W55 to the H55 yet, but I have accurate dimensions of everything I have so far. Please let me know if you pursue Dellow.

But if this thread is right: W55=W52, I already have a template for the W55 with one of the 3 W50s I have.
Well, I was looking at both options and the clutch is the concerning factor for me the question if the fellow has the right package but if I was going to buy anything that would be the bellhousing only. I the the W56 would be a great option but after I thought about the time to cut the plate out would be more challenging to where I may have to pay and get it cut out with a template. My trans is still in my truck and I still need to remove the old engine so I’m still trying to figure which would be the best route.

The plate must be a least 12 by 12 inches to support both the bellhousing and trans bolts I’m guess.

Well, I was looking at both options and the clutch is the concerning factor for me the question if the fellow has the right package but if I was going to buy anything that would be the bellhousing only. I the the W56 would be a great option but after I thought about the time to cut the plate out would be more challenging to where I may have to pay and get it cut out with a template. My trans is still in my truck and I still need to remove the old engine so I’m still trying to figure which would be the best route.

The plate must be a least 12 by 12 inches to support both the bellhousing and trans bolts I’m guess.
I have the H55F also

I have the H55F also
The bolt pattern on the Akina is much smaller on the transmission side. I need to pull a bell housing off one of my 3Fs and see how big it is, but not that big, maybe 9.5x7" on the bolt pattern.

The flywheel with the Dellow is also concerning, since it's custom. What happens when you need a new one? With the 2004 Tundra, you have lots of parts, and with the flex plate from a Lexus ls400/430, you have plenty of spares for a long time.

On the bell housing, I have the most unbelievable set of circumstances...A guy was selling an '81 celica for $800 OBO, so I offered $500 and he said yes, and I said crap, but I am a man of my word, so I bought it. It's an automatic, which sucks because it doesn't have the clutch pedal parts....But then a few months later this same guy says, hey, there's a '76 corona up for sale in someone's back yardfor $500, you just gotta buy it (easy for him to say). But I got to thinking, just for the glass in it it was worth the $500, so I went and offered $400 and got a car with trashed engine (head off the engine lying in the yard with transmission attached). The '76 is a stick, so have pedal parts now for the Celica.. and here's the darndest thing... I saw salvage yard paint on the tranny, but didn't think much of it until I just now went out to look at it.

The transmission is not a W50, but a later model (all aluminum), likely a W55 or later, which just happens to match the Akina bellhousing. Long story short, I now have the bell housing, the transmission it goes on, and a way to make a bolt pattern. And a stronger-than-stock transmission for my daily driver, a '78 Corona when the current tranny goes out! (I tend to WOT a lot)

And just for the record, the W5x transmissions would not handle the torque. I can easily lift a W transmission, but the H55F? That thing is a monster. Granted, it's a cast iron case, but so are the older W50s. But you look at the torque ratings between the 20R/22R/22RE and the 3F, and I just can't imagine a W series transmission lasting in a LC. I trashed one W50 transmission just by decking the head and boring out the cylinders in my 20R (and a bit of WOT). My two cents on the transmission, for what it's worth.

After reading your post and the info you have I'm interested in the plate dimensions. I think that using that bellhousing would be the best option if you want a clutch that would work for a strong torque app for the Landcruiser.

After reading your post and the info you have I'm interested in the plate dimensions. I think that using that bellhousing would be the best option if you want a clutch that would work for a strong torque app for the Landcruiser.
How far have you gotten on the swap? I'm afraid I had higher priorities like finding my shop floor so I can work, so haven't done anything on this in a while. Been too busy building shelving units for the wal-mart sterite containers for all my auto parts that were in a mess everywhere, and it was hard to keep from getting sucked into working all this every time I pass that 1UZ and 3UZ.

Last edited:
Here is what I am doing with my setup.
2uzvvti to a h151f to a h1fa. The clutch, flywheel pressur plate and bell housing is all oem. I've attached part numbers so any one can replicate what I did. I know this trans mission and tcase is NOT cheep and probably out of reach for some people but maybe you can use the clutch and flywheel setup. As for ecu I am using stock ece and harness and having it retuned.

Screenshot_20231120_140851_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20231120_140344_Facebook.jpg

How far have you gotten on the swap? I'm afraid I had higher priorities like finding my shop floor so I can work, so haven't done anything on this in a while. Been too busy building shelving units for the wal-mart sterite containers for all my auto parts that were in a mess everywhere, and it was hard to keep from getting sucked into working all this every time I pass that 1UZ and 3UZ.
Like you I haven't had chance to start but I still need to finish up prepping my motor and I think I have my wiring problem figure out

Here is what I am doing with my setup.
2uzvvti to a h151f to a h1fa. The clutch, flywheel pressur plate and bell housing is all oem. I've attached part numbers so any one can replicate what I did. I know this trans mission and tcase is NOT cheep and probably out of reach for some people but maybe you can use the clutch and flywheel setup. As for ecu I am using stock ece and harness and having it retuned.

View attachment 3523015

View attachment 3523016
Well son of a gun! I had no idea there was a 2uz-fe with a manual. Thanks for the lead. And nice build! I do wonder if the h151f is the same bolt pattern as the H55F/H41F. Any clue? Actually, looking at that bell housing it can't be anywhere close....

Well son of a gun! I had no idea there was a 2uz-fe with a manual. Thanks for the lead. And nice build! I do wonder if the h151f is the same bolt pattern as the H55F/H41F. Any clue? Actually, looking at that bell housing it can't be anywhere close....
It's a different pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom