1KZ-TE (KZJ78) engine part numbers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, you've been super helpful in me learning how to backyard mechanic my truck with no experience. But one of the most difficult things I'm finding is where to source part numbers and where to actually get those parts. I've ordered filters and smaller accessory parts from various venders and amazon, but it seems local parts carriers are typically lacking in compatible parts.

Anyways, does anyone know what the part numbers are for the water pump, pulleys and gaskets? I was able to order a timing belt, and I found what I -THINK- may be the correct OEM Toyota numbers but NAPA doesn't have a match to any of those numbers and every kit I see online for 1KZ-TE specifies it's for KZJ95 & KZJ120 Prado's from 1996 onward, and this is a 1994 KZJ78.......

AH! and where do I get these parts in Canada? Or can I?

Thanks again,

Max

Hey guys, you've been super helpful in me learning how to backyard mechanic my truck with no experience. But one of the most difficult things I'm finding is where to source part numbers and where to actually get those parts. I've ordered filters and smaller accessory parts from various venders and amazon, but it seems local parts carriers are typically lacking in compatible parts.

Anyways, does anyone know what the part numbers are for the water pump, pulleys and gaskets? I was able to order a timing belt, and I found what I -THINK- may be the correct OEM Toyota numbers but NAPA doesn't have a match to any of those numbers and every kit I see online for 1KZ-TE specifies it's for KZJ95 & KZJ120 Prado's from 1996 onward, and this is a 1994 KZJ78.......

AH! and where do I get these parts in Canada? Or can I?

Thanks again,

Max

I use the EPC drawings at Megazip to find part numbers. Once I have a part number, I just buy where ever is cheapest. Ebay, Partsouq, Amayama, Megazip, Cruiser parts retailers (like Rocky Mountain Imports). Best prices I've found so far are from a guy in Toronto named Yan. He runs a business called Cruiser Addiction. Takes a while to get stuff from him, but it's worth the savings.

You can use ToyoDIY to do reverse searches to see if your part numbers cross to other north american vehicles. If they do, you can buy from your local auto parts store.

@GTSSportCoupe speaks the truth. If you use partsouq and some of the others, there is a field to enter your chassis ID, and then all your drawings are specific to your model. You can even save the chassis ID in your "garage" for next time.

if you want someone to walk you through it, pm me and I can help you out. Once you're armed with part numbers, it's your call where to spend your money. I just received a partsouq order the other day. Shipping can be pricey depending on how big the items are, but it's super fast from Dubai. Megazip and amayama trading are also good options for OEM parts. (I'm in Canada too).

Last edited:
@GTSSportCoupe speaks the truth. If you use partsouq and some of the others, there is a field to enter your chassis ID, and then all your drawings are specific to your model. You can even save the chassis ID in your "garage" for next time.

if you want someone to walk you through it, pm me and I can help you out. Once you're armed with part numbers, it's your call where to spend your money. I just received a partsouq order the other day. Shipping can be pricey depending on how big the items are, but it's super fast from Dubai. Megazip and amayama trading are also good options for OEM parts. (I'm in Canada too).

Awesome thanks guys! I didn't know about partsouq, it's a pretty sweet website.

I think I'll be able to figure everything out with the diagrams and schematics, thanks again for your help!

I use Partsouq or ToyoDIY to get part numbers. Both allow you to put in your VIN or to look up your model. The parts diagrams are similar but sometimes I have to compare the two to nail down the options and get the part I'm looking for.

I use Partsouq or ToyoDIY to get part numbers. Both allow you to put in your VIN or to look up your model. The parts diagrams are similar but sometimes I have to compare the two to nail down the options and get the part I'm looking for.

WarDamnEagle beat me to it; both of those are great sites. I just ordered a part from Partsouq on Saturday and it got to me today (Wednesday) all the way from UAE!

I've been on this moronic quest for 1KZ-TE bits that I don't need. I would find numbers on one of those sites and see if Napa or Toyota USA had any in stock, solely for the convenience factor. The guys at Napa could usually tell me part numbers from major brands after telling them a Toyota number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom