Builds 1HZ Rebuild Project (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

During the summer months, I have problems keeping my water temperature under 215° when I’m climbing long steep grades at highway speeds
They were just not designed for this. All 1HZ will get to boiling temp at 100kph uphill, but that is not over heating. 4th gear at 2500rpm is about all you should be doing.
You could try a manually operated windscreen washer spraying water onto the radiator with its own water bottle to cool it down.
Water injection into the combustion chamber? Water onto a red hot piston causes pitting, a very bad idea

Wow, what a thread! That's an hour or two I don't want back, @lelandEOD ! Epic build, and everything was done without compromise (well, you might bring up the ovalled exhaust again lol, but that's so you wouldn't have to compromise with 2" right? Def the right way to go.)

Hope I never have to go through this, but really interesting to see how it's done in any case...

Thanks for sharing it. I actually read your comment about the possibility of your wife reading the thread, out loud to my wife... She chuckled. But then gave me a penetrating look and I promptly changed the subject in case she turned to my projects...

Cheers, and keep us posted.

Wow, what a thread! That's an hour or two I don't want back, @lelandEOD ! Epic build, and everything was done without compromise (well, you might bring up the ovalled exhaust again lol, but that's so you wouldn't have to compromise with 2" right? Def the right way to go.)

Hope I never have to go through this, but really interesting to see how it's done in any case...

Thanks for sharing it. I actually read your comment about the possibility of your wife reading the thread, out loud to my wife... She chuckled. But then gave me a penetrating look and I promptly changed the subject in case she turned to my projects...

Cheers, and keep us posted.

Your reply made me laugh too. We've all seen that penetrating stare... it ain't good.

Epic build! Documentation is very much appreciated as I am in the early stages of tearing into a 1HZ with a hazy past life :bounce:
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom