1hd-t; 80 series vs 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any difference between the 1hd-t engines in the 80 series vs. 100 series offered in some markets?

Did the 1hd-t engines fitted to the 100 series cruisers suffer from big end bearing issues?

Thanks.

Or Europe thing.
100 series got 1hd-fte or V8 petrol. I belive some early hdj100 got the 1hd-ft.
105 series got the 1hz, but rarely sold any.

We got that model .. I guess was just an option for some dealers, some countries to make the transition smoother and keep the prices contained ( or like for us the hi profit of the dealer )

Dunno if there is any real difference on the engine itself .. it seems like to me are the same ( seen both pretty close ) but difference seems to be ( based on my many years as Mr. T engineer - sarcasm ) IP or injectors or both ..

1HD-T on 100 series for us ( 99 - 2003 ) it's pretty smokier and with more " power " ( A343 tranny ). That part of the power .. very arguable ..

We got that model .. I guess was just an option for some dealers, some countries to make the transition smoother and keep the prices contained ( or like for us the hi profit of the dealer )

Dunno if there is any real difference on the engine itself .. it seems like to me are the same ( seen both pretty close ) but difference seems to be ( based on my many years as Mr. T engineer - sarcasm ) IP or injectors or both ..

1HD-T on 100 series for us ( 99 - 2003 ) it's pretty smokier and with more " power " ( A343 tranny ). That part of the power .. very arguable ..
I've been having a look at toyodiy.com and apart from the head, a lot of other part numbers between the new and old seem versions of the engine seem to be different; same turbocharger though.

Last edited:
FT and FTE only offered here in Japan.

FT and FTE only offered here in Japan.

We got few FT and plenty FTE on 100 series from 2002 to 2009 or so when we jump to 200 series ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom