Main battery wire 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ghostrider I

I wear many "heads" as I have many vehicles.
Threads
Right, I have a LHD Turbo diesel 5 speed with dual factory battery set up. The positive lead on the starting battery (left side when facing truck) is very frazzled and it's not providing a solid connection.

I removed the terminal end to replace it and straighten out the braid so that slides into the new terminal connect easy and has a better connection. Question is how to straighten it out? I picked up a pair of terminal connectors that use Allen head threaded headless screws.

Post a pic or two

I tried using terminals that use allen head grub screws to secure the cable. ( typically sold for car audio systems)
I found them close to useless. There's not enough surface area clamping the cable. Unless you crimped on a ferule first maybe, but then, you may as well crimp on an eyelet

Post a pic or two

I tried using terminals that use allen head grub screws to secure the cable. ( typically sold for car audio systems)
I found them close to useless. There's not enough surface area clamping the cable. Unless you crimped on a ferule first maybe, but then, you may as well crimp on an eyelet
Agreed, but what eyelet (lug) can fit through the hole so I can tighten down the grub screw? Appears that the lead is 2 AWG, but I can't confirm.

Screenshot_20240203_095358_Gallery.jpg

Something like this crimped on first. Gives you a solid surface to clamp down onto.

But then you need a suitable crimping tool . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom